Trackpad++: Alternate Trackpad Driver for BootCamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r, Nov 28, 2012.

1. GregoryLutkovsky macrumors newbie

GregoryLutkovsky

Hello! Please let me know how to enable swipe back and forth with two fingers in Google Chrome. Love your driver, especially ability to engage the Task View with 3 fingers. But is that feature is missing? Macbook Pro 15" (Late-2013), Windows 10 (x64), Trackpad++ (3.1e)

2. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

This feature is implemented in Trackpad++, but it's disabled by default. In order to enable, please check the self-descriptive checkbox in '2-Finger Gestures' pane of the Trackpad++ Control Module. Also, by default you can go back/forward with 4 fingers, or you can use this gesture for Windows 10 desktops switching. Thank you for the feedback!

3. Riff_Al macrumors newbie

4. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

5. Riff_Al, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017

Riff_Al macrumors newbie

Thank you very much!
    This address doesn't work for me, it is very strange.
    Also i tried to add http and https before, but nothing helpful.

6. treoguy macrumors member

I'd be curious to hear feedback from those of you running Windows 10 on a 12" MacBook with Trackpad++. I'm a longtime Mac user, but recently switched to a Surface Book. I ordered a MacBook 12", but still undecided if I can put with the keyboard and question how the trackpad will feel, work in Windows 10. Any and all feedback is welcome.

7. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@treoguy: I don't have this model, but people who provide the email feedback state the Trackpad++ works smoothly with 12" Macbook and Windows 10. All 2/3/4-finger gestures which Trackpad++ brings to Boot Camp are available for this model as well.

8. quickgenz macrumors newbie

How much is minimum donation to receive a serial key for each software - Power Plan Assistant and TouchPad++. I know the recommended, but what is the minimum?

9. alinato macrumors newbie

Hi Vladimir, Trackpad++ used to be working smoothly; now everytime I hover my mouse on the control module in the notification area, it disappears. Cannot tweak the setting at all. I want the 3-finger drag feature. is there a way to keep control module icon from disappearing or tweak the setting without the control module? Looking forward to hearing from you. I'm using macbook pro (late 2013)

10. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@quickgenz: Thank you for interest! Some time ago I was directly and clearly warned by administration that the rules of MacRumors do not allow to talk about this... By responding, the thread can get blocked. So, sorry but I can only respond via email...

@alinato: Thank you for reporting. Nobody else reported this, something happened to your installation only. I recommend to try to delete the folder C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus and then reinstall the Trackpad++.

11. mathieut macrumors newbie

I see a lot of praise here, so I figure I must be doing something wrong. I mean, trackpad++ works alright, enables things windows doesn't, very cool, but my trackpad (late 2016 15" MBP) still behaves erratically:
    - tap to click only works occasionally, apparently turns itself off entirely at times,
    - dragging stops seemingly arbitrarily,
    - trackpad responds to palm touch,
    - sometimes even locks entirely for several seconds...

Is this my system? Something I haven't set up properly in trackpad++? I realize that my laptop is a new addition to the supported systems, could there be a few leftover glitches?

12. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

I think the issue is more with TP++ being a higher-level software, and not actually a hardware driver.
    I'm sure I'll be corrected if mistaken, but think of it more as an input interceptor (or enhancer); meaning it takes input from the standard driver and interprets it to specific actions.
    IMO, it's still much better than the vanilla Apple driver.

Perhaps with tap-to-click, you are running into conflicts between TP++ and the Apple settings?

13. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@mathieut: Thank you for reporting! Very-very strange, as so far nobody else had ever reported the problem with tap-to-click, and neither with locking the trackpad. I think that people are overall satisfied, because such basic things being broken would already become the main topic of this discussion thread. As for the new models, the email feedback from the users has also been quite good during the March, April and now May. Based on almost three months of feedback we are sure that the are no noticeable bugs in the recent version for Late-2016 models. With the default configuration of the Trackpad++ Control Module: tap-to-click enabled, 3-finger drag enabled, do you still experience such issues? As for the 2-finger drag: it's not recommended, as it's the feature of Apple's Boot Camp driver, which not allowing the dragging in the upper part of trackpad. Please consider Trackpad++ 3-finger drag instead.

@whiteonline: Please let me explain: Trackpad++ is the real 64-bit kernel-mode driver, focused on a multi-touch functionality which is totally missing in Apple's Boot Camp drivers. Apple's trackpad driver works only as mouse emulator (trackpad device appears in Windows as simple two-button mouse with scroll). Trackpad++ driver integrates itself into existing Boot Camp HID stack, capturing and interpreting the 3/4/5-finger input which is ignored by Apple's driver. The Trackpad++ driver operates on a different level than Boot Camp driver, so it does not cause any conflicts with the Boot Camp driver or its settings. By the way, in case of the device drivers, any conflict typically results in Blue Screen of Death, so we are sure there are no conflicts :)

14. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@All: Has somebody received a new Mid-2017 Macbook Pro, either 13" or 15"? If you have the Boot Camp drivers package for the new model, can you please let me know.
    All Late-2016 models are supported, but for Mid-2017 the status is not clear yet. As a rule some adjustments are needed to made to make the driver working, even if the trackpad hardware stays the same. That's why talking a look on the Apple Boot Camp drivers folder for Mid-2017 generation might be needed. Thank you!

15. tungsonmtp, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017

tungsonmtp macrumors newbie

Is MacBook with unibody and multitouch trackpad supported? Is power plan assistant spyware?

16. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@tungsonmtp: Please check the officially supported models list at http://trackpad.forbootcamp.org/#requirements
    As for the Power Plan Assistant, it's totally clean of course. Instead of just my words, I recommend to check the installer with VirusTotal.com, you will personally see that 60 antiviruses of the world confirm that it's totally clean

17. alinato macrumors newbie

@alinato: Thank you for reporting. Nobody else reported this, something happened to your installation only. I recommend to try to delete the folder C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus and then reinstall the Trackpad++.[/QUOTE]

Dear Validimir, I have now deleted the folder and reinstalled. The installation stops after confirming choice of macbook pro and stating that drivers will now be installed. I'm using windows 7 64x. I didn't get a prompt to restart so I've restarted windows myself. Again it seems to be working in the background but whenever I hover of the the ++ sign in the notificaiton area, it disappears and I cannot access the control module. I'm reinstalling the 3rd time now... Is there a way to access the control module through commandline or directly modifying a batch file. I just want the 3-finger drag feature as I cannot get it from bootcamp. The GUI won't show up. Not sure what to do.

Just to give you a background to the problem. I did a boot recovery of my windows one year ago. I think since then trackpad++ keeps crashing. Is this info any useful?

18. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@alinato: As this problem is somehow isolated to your installation only, some research might be needed. Could you contact me privately, because there might be many messages in our conversation.

19. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r thread starter macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

@All:

Hey All, a tester is wanted who got 12" Mid-2017 Macbook... (13"/15" already work - see below)

Your simple assistance can help to support this model soon!

Basically, the 13" and 15" Mid-2017 models are supported already, all of the Trackpad++ gestures for 2, 3, 4, 5 fingers work. But for 12" Apple silently changed something in 2017 (so that Trackpad++ for 2016 generation of Macbook did not fully work with 2017 12" model).

Is anyone willing to help? You'll need to run a simple tool which will extract trackpad data...

Thank you in advance.