Trade Black iphone in for White one within 30 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KD35, Jun 28, 2010.

1. KD35 macrumors newbie

Do you think AT&T will allow people to trade in their black iphone, for a white one when they come out?? They do have a 30 day trade in policy right??

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. war eagle macrumors 6502a

You're wrong. I traded my black 16GB 3G for a white 16GB 3G about 20 days after I purchased it because they were out of white.

4. SouthBeachMac macrumors member

I actually mentioned this to a friend yesterday...as valid as it seems, I have to think that Apple will structure the rollout of the White phone either on or after July 24th, which would be outside the 30-day window. With the limited manufacturing supply of the White, and the now at-least base of 1.7 million Black iPhone 4's, I can't see Apple foregoing an additional sale to a new buyer in favor of not making a sale and merely transferring a black i4 back into inventory.

That said, I wouldn't entirely rule it out...it could happen. But you'd have to think the best bet would be that the answer to your question would be no.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I thought that Apple's return policy was 14 days for iPhones?

I also don't think they'll let people trade black for white.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Oh! You said AT&T. I dunno. I mean, they give you 30 days to cancel a contract without paying ETFs, but I dunno that they're gonna give 30 days to return a phone with the complaint that it was black, not white.

7. witmvpness6 macrumors member

Thumbs up to the username, my second favorite player :D

8. gco212 macrumors 6502

Trading black for white as though white's better, you're all a bunch of racists. :p

9. samcraig macrumors P6

I'll probably get flamed for this - but so be it.

I hope that Apple waits at least 30 days to release the white phone and that they do not offer exchanges.

If you wanted a white phone, you should have waited instead of being impatient and buying a black one just to have one while the white one was being released.

I don't understand what goes on in people's heads that they think it's ok to buy something with the full knowledge they intend to exchange it because they are impatient or have to be the first on the block to have a new toy.

10. MacNasty macrumors member

i thought someone had mentioned in another thread that Apple employees were telling people at the apple store that they would not be able to exchange for the white one.

i dont see how at&t would be able to stop you...granted you will probably have to pay some sort of restocking fee of some BS

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Why would a restocking fee be BS? Seriously. I can see calling BS for returning the phone because of the reception issues or some other issues and being charged a restocking fee. But because someone couldn't hold it together for ~30 days and HAD to buy one phone to hold them over? Why should ATT or Apple foot the bill on your 30 days of usage on a phone they now need to refurbish.

WOW

12. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I agree partially with this statement. It seems a lot of people just couldn't wait for the phone the really wanted (white) and just "had to have' an iphone, period. I had the chance to play with an iphone 4 recently, and I loved it (especially the screen, just amazing), but I'm still gonna wait for the white ;-)....

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well said, and I agree completely.

14. MacNasty macrumors member

i wasnt saying that the restocking fee was BS...

i totally agree with you...i think its BS for all the people that bought a black one just to have it and want to return it for the white one. I really want this phone...but i really want it in white...therefore i am waiting. but i will more then likely end up breaking down and buying the black. i plan on puttin a case it in anyway...so color doesnt really matter

15. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Completely agree.

Also, several Apple store employees have been quoted saying they will not be allowing trades for the White iPhone when it comes out.

16. xqb4dpx macrumors member

From what I heard, Apple employees were telling iPhone 4 buyers that if they were planning to exchange for a white iPhone 4 next month they should NOT be buying a black one right now. Unfortunately, that doesn't set in stone if they're going to be disallowing exchanges or anything like that.

17. tocheeba macrumors member

Agree - I hope Apple refuses all exchanges. I want it released now, but I kinda hope it's after 30 days so all these asshats that bought a black one and wasted inventory for someone else in hopes of exchanging for a white one get screwed over.

You should've waited. I am. You bought black - live with it for 2 years.

18. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

This is what I was told while in line at my local Apple Store on launch day. As we got closer to getting into the store, a group of Apple reps would come around to prep us for our purchase. One person checked us in/confirmed our reservation while another told us terms and conditions. Things like how you had to be an account owner, if you're paying by cash, etc. He specifically said you can't buy a black iPhone and return it just to get the white one and that all sales were final today. He added that if there was something wrong with your device they'd be happy to exchange it with another black iPhone.

19. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I just hope they take pre-orders/reservations for the white one. That alone might make it difficult for trade-ins, within 30 days for those who purchased their iPhone at launch. The AT&T stores may or may not get a large stock for walk-ins. I really could care less if AT&T will allow trade-ins as long as I get my iPhone when released.

20. xqb4dpx macrumors member

Well, there you go.

21. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I want a White one but bought a black one since white was unavailable. However, when the white is released I will buy it at the no commitment price and have both. I will then decide which color I want to use depending on the day.

then again, I have the disposable income to do that, I know many do not.

22. Kendio7 macrumors member

I hope they don't. Would it have hurt you THAT much to just wait 2-3 weeks?

23. MacNasty macrumors member

must be nice! lol

24. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Sounds like more money than brains IMO. It's a phone, not sandals. Who gets one of each to interchange daily depending on their mood? :rolleyes:

25. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

i'm going to ATT tomorrow to exchange my 16gn for a 32gb...u think they will give me a problem? i know i have to pay restock fee and obviously the price difference of the phone itself