Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm not asking you to believe it. I'm simply stating facts.

I'm with my friend now. Her SIII battery is currently on 70% having been taken of charge 9 hours ago. It's now 6pm my time. Moderate use, calls, texts, surfing. This Will last until tomorrow night with the same usage. 3G on and wifi.

My 4s was taken off charge 6 hours ago, it's now at 64%. I have no Bluetooth on. No 3G and have only just put wifi on now. I've made 8 short phone calls and sent a few texts that's all.

clearly she has a super juiced s3....took my 4S off charge at 5:15 am.....it is now 1:00 pm and I still have 84%

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
clearly she has a super juiced s3....took my 4S off charge at 5:15 am.....it is now 1:00 pm and I still have 84%

Or. The SIII battery is better than the 4s battery.

I love my iPhone. But I can admit there are some things it's just not the best phone on the market at. It always baffles me how some apple fans refuse to see any good points about other phones or bad points about iPhones.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Or people use there phones differently. I took mine off charge at 7am, it's now 2:08pm and I'm at 53%.

e9e8u4ys.jpg

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Or. The SIII battery is better than the 4s battery.

I love my iPhone. But I can admit there are some things it's just not the best phone on the market at. It always baffles me how some apple fans refuse to see any good points about other phones or bad points about iPhones.

Or people use there phones differently. I took mine off charge at 7am, it's now 2:08pm and I'm at 53%.

I more-so am telling him there is no way his friend is getting 2 days with the S3....I had one and got a full day at best with the same usage as a 4S.

The same user doing the same things with two different phones.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm thinking of getting the Galaxy 3 instead of the new IP coming soon to a store near you. Consumer Reports give the Galaxy their top rating with the IP4 S pulling up the 10TH SPOT although all the first 10 are rated fairly close.

I don't care that much about the loss of syncing with iTunes. The major items with me are surfing the web and watching video. IMHO, the Galaxy 3 blows the IP 4 S out of the water in these modes. And I'm getting very tired of this HARD ON Apple has for Flash. Yeah, I know Apple has something coming that will toss Flash on the waste pile of electronic history, but they've been saying that for over 2 years now and we still get mostly zip.

The Galaxy comes a lot closer to a mini note pad than the present IP 4S does.

Stay tuned for more comparison if I do pull the plug and go Galaxy. My major Galaxy concern is apps and that may be the decider.

You do realize that Android now has the same problem with Flash, correct? They no longer support it anymore and it has been removed from the Play Store. It was terrible anyways. So good luck with that.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Has anyone used Carbon Copy Cloner to sync the iTunes music folder to the music folder in the micro SD of the SGS3?

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
I once traded my iPhone 4 for an HTC inspire when it released. IDK what they slipped in my drink that made me do that , but make a long story short. I "returned" the inspire at full price and payed $300 more just to get a new iPhone 4 back. Biggest mistake ever

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Earlier this year I bought a Galaxy Nexus (switching from a 4S) and I loved the phone but missed my iPhone and iOS too much so I went back after 2 weeks and gave it to my sister.

Now I have a Galaxy S3 which I bought about a week ago and I have almost no desire to go back to my 4S. What changed? Me probably because the Galaxy Nexus was definitely a great phone and I probably would have gone back to it if it hadn't gotten stolen from my sister. I guess I reached a point where I got the most I could out of iOS and I was just really bored even after having jailbroken my phone and tweaked the hell out of it.

One thing that has been said in other threads, you shouldn't switch from an iPhone to an Android phone and compare your new phone to your old iPhone. They just work differently and you either adapt or go back to your iPhone.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 to see what all the fuss was about, I knew that I wouldn't like it so I kept my iPhone 4S for a month so I could change back and sell my S3. I was wrong, I sold my 4S.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I have an HTC One X and an iPhone 4 and there's no way I could go back to using the iphone as my daily driver. I do get the ios itch (mostly apps) at times but everytime I notice the lag and restricted playground I quickly run back to my HOX.

Although I am thinking of passing on an android tablet for the ipad mini if it comes to fruition.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I have an HTC One X and an iPhone 4 and there's no way I could go back to using the iphone as my daily driver. I do get the ios itch (mostly apps) at times but everytime I notice the lag and restricted playground I quickly run back to my HOX.

Although I am thinking of passing on an android tablet for the ipad mini if it comes to fruition.

Where do you experience lag with iOS, specifically? I have an iPhone 4 with an iOS 6 beta, and it seems pretty lag-free with me, for the most part. Just curious.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
I have my gs3 international model and i no regret it of the change it's work perfect i don't have any app cratches bad signal it's work great but i will look foward to tbe iphone 5 when come if i like i sell the gs3

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I more-so am telling him there is no way his friend is getting 2 days with the S3....I had one and got a full day at best with the same usage as a 4S.

The same user doing the same things with two different phones.

You can tell me all you like. I've seen it with my own eyes. Several times a week since she got the SIII. The battery is better than the iPhone.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Where do you experience lag with iOS, specifically? I have an iPhone 4 with an iOS 6 beta, and it seems pretty lag-free with me, for the most part. Just curious.

Haven't tried ios 6 beta but with 5.1.1 everything seems to take longer to respond. Shutter lag in the camera, cover flow is slow & lethargic, loading web pages takes forever, apps closing by themselves etc. I've tried a host of fixes and either they're temporary or just flat out don't work.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I went from iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Nexus for a few months -> Selling nexus -> Mom's old iPhone 3GS while I wait for the new iPhone

Galaxy Nexus was nice to watch 720p movies and there were some really nice aspects of Android that I enjoyed but ultimately I was left disappointed.

- Lack of removable media means I have to connect my phone via USB. The phone also doesn't show up as mass storage so you can't even drag and drop. You have to use some buggy software that Google provides if you want to drag and drop stuff over

- Horrible battery life

- I didn't like the 'light' plasticky feeling compared to the solid weighty feeling of the iPhone

- Speaker was HORRIBLE. It was very tinny and extremely quiet.

- Finally, my biggest problem with the phone was the GPU. IMO, the gpu on the nexus is underpowered for a 1280 x 720 display. I enjoy playing games on my phone but games like shadow gun were playable but not smooth and quite laggy at times.

How can you list no removable storage as a con vs the iphone when the iphone has the same issue. I think you should revisit the galaxy nexus on Jellybean. The GPU has no problems running programs in it. The new gpu drivers are so much better.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I have read all the reviews, i have seen all the videos also. Samsung Galaxy S3
is a great phone etc etc.

I traded the phone for my iPhone 4S and i know i can sell this phone but i really regret it. First thing i read is "the battery is great" BS. This thing drains pretty quick and i have locations services off, bluetooth off, GPS off etc etc.

I just plugged it in to my mac and this **** won't appear anywhere on the mac and i had to look for a stupid app called "Phonetunes" to sync some music from mac but i had to install on both phone and mac. (********)

It is pretty annoying how you have to sync music, that and the samsung (Kies) software also.

There is so much stuff on the phone that is not needed and i really can't believe this is all pre-loaded.

Basically feels like a new PC with all this software you will never use
pre-installed.

The phone has too many options it becomes pretty annoying.

i have been using iPhone 2g to 4S and i really think this phone is not that great.

I know this has been said over and over, "You don't realize how incredibly well and smooth iOS operates and how everything just works until you try android"

No Comparison

I will sell this phone as there is already buyers but i wanted to see if anyone here has tried this phone and maybe it is just me?I am the one lone soul who thinks it is not that great.

I think the other guy got the better end of the deal.(So far)
Though i used iphone 4s all year and will use this money for "New iPhone".

Poor muffin

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Does she like not use it at all? What's her screen on time? Is she on edge all the time?

Pulled this off google. Not two days but as good/better then my 4S

S3-Battery.jpg

Best usage/standby of my 4S

6ymytyjy.jpg

Obviously mileage will vary but they seem on par. My father easily gets 2 days out of his OG Razr however he barely uses it.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
PS as far as battery goes, this ain't so bad:

(3.5 hours of screen time or so while messing with Beautiful Widgets and Widget locker)

Attachments

• 2012-09-01 01.00.54.png
    2012-09-01 01.00.54.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 109

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Does she like not use it at all? What's her screen on time? Is she on edge all the time?

The battery on the snapdragon s3's is very good. Remember, its a 28nm soc vs 40m in the iphone. It also has a 2100 mah battery vs 1400 in the iphone. Combine that with super amoled which uses less power and you have a whole host of reasons why it drains less. The cell radio is also 28nm and built into the soc which further saves power.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
You said it best and "Simplicity" is what i don't have on here.

Now i do like the LEDs or Colored notifications on front of phone.

Those are neat but even typing on this thing is different. I fortunately will have a 4S by tomorrow from a friend as a loaner until new iphone is released.

I count at least 35-40 pre-loaded apps on this phone. :confused:

----------

When i saw the sexy white SG SIII with that beautiful display i thought i had gotten a great deal. It looks great and feels nice but that all changed when i started to use it and all downhill from that point.

Not being able to use itunes to import music is a big problem i believe. Everyone uses iTunes. WTF?

I almost dropped it trying to use it with one hand on this big ass screen.

Think you're all being a bit overly dramatic - there are loads of us on here with the S3 who still use iTunes, but you have to actually research how to do it all without crying that it doesn't sync to your Apple computer (who have said for years they hate Google). Download an App called iSync (if you're outside of the UK) or download Easy Phone Sync (in the UK) - they both work with iTunes.

I even have my S3 setup to send my photos to photo stream.

Basically, if you want iOS and no other options and no customisation then stick to iPhone, but after 3 years of BS innovation, drip feeding features and a tiny screen (which now has been stretched by all of .5") I left the camp last week. Couldn't be happier. I find the iPhone laughable in comparison.

Some people are scared of change - if you are then stick with what you know.

I like to experience the difference :)

Last edited:

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010

Of course she uses it. More than I use my iPhone. 3G and wifi are on all the time. Bluetooth when needed. I was with her today. When I left. Stats said 12 hours 29 phone time (I assume that means time since last full charge). And battery was at 56%.

My iPhone is at 44%, time since last charge is 9 hours 44mins. Usage is 3 hours.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
You do realize that Android now has the same problem with Flash, correct? They no longer support it anymore and it has been removed from the Play Store. It was terrible anyways. So good luck with that.

This is the typical iFan response from someone that has zero clue about Android or Google. Please don't put out bad info. Flash on Android STARTING WITH the Jelly Bean OS is no longer supported by Adobe. This does not mean it can not be used. Nor does it mean that it is no longer in the Play Store. It is still there and available for any Android device running ICS or older OS's.
And by the way, I can load Flash just fine on my Nexus 7. It just requires a work around now, whereas before it integrated itself without user input. As for Flash being 'terrible'... I don't have any issues and many sites I go to like UFC, MotoGP, Fox News still use Flash.

----------

The battery on the snapdragon s3's is very good. Remember, its a 28nm soc vs 40m in the iphone. It also has a 2100 mah battery vs 1400 in the iphone. Combine that with super amoled which uses less power and you have a whole host of reasons why it drains less. The cell radio is also 28nm and built into the soc which further saves power.

Bingo. Thank you. This whole thread by the OP smells of troll bait.

Last edited:

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
I have read all the reviews, i have seen all the videos also. Samsung Galaxy S3
is a great phone etc etc.

I think the other guy got the better end of the deal.(So far)
Though i used iphone 4s all year and will use this money for "New iPhone".

Relax, you have to give it chance too. You will only like it if you want it and allow yourself to adapt to the different OS.

You've used an iphone for how long? Can't compare the number of days to what you have used the GS3 for...it will take some time.

Just my opinion.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
This is the typical iFan response from someone that has zero clue about Android or Google. Please don't put out bad info. Flash on Android STARTING WITH the Jelly Bean OS is no longer supported by Adobe. This does not mean it can not be used. Nor does it mean that it is no longer in the Play Store. It is still there and available for any Android device running ICS or older OS's.
And by the way, I can load Flash just fine on my Nexus 7. It just requires a work around now, whereas before it integrated itself without user input. As for Flash being 'terrible'... I don't have any issues and many sites I go to like UFC, MotoGP, Fox News still use Flash.

And this is the typical response I'd get from someone who feels threatened by facts.

I've owned MULTIPLE Android devices and skinned them, flashed customs ROM's, etc. The whole bit. I'm not an iFan, a Fandroid, or whatever else you want to call me. I like iOS and Android equally, but on my OG Droid, Droid X, HTC Thunderbolt, and HTC Rezound, Flash caused lag in my browser, the video player looked odd in the browser, as in, it'd load the video content and then reframe in a weird way. My phone would lock up when I scrolled, video content wouldn't load for 10+ seconds, etc., etc. I could go on and on. Flash was terrible, and it was the same on my cousins Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile, so I know it wasn't just me. On an Android forum I used to partake in, Flash was also said to be laggy and slow.

Flash may still be in the Play Store, but it isn't supported in Android any longer. Of course it's still supported in older versions, but in newer versions it is not, and rightfully so. You may still be able to get it on newer device via a workaround, but it is not supposed to be on there for any devices on Jelly Bean.

It's not just Android that flash is terrible on, it's terrible on OS X and Windows as well. Constantly crashing, freezing the browser, sucking up memory like no tomorrow. It's just an awful, awful piece of software, that sadly, has ended up being one of the most widely adopted. If you say Flash is fine, you're delusional. This will be my last post in this thread.

P.S. Please don't take this post as rude, as it was not meant to be.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.