Tried to fix my Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SamaraDn, Sep 3, 2016.

1. SamaraDn macrumors newbie

SamaraDn

Hi
    My iphone 5 suddenly wouldn't charge anymore, i have had some trouble with getting contact with the charging-port earlier. And once when it got completely out of battery, it wouldn't charge anymore, and the screen has been black ever since.
    Now i bought a new charging-port, and a new battery, i changed them, but my phone still is completely dead. Anyone that could give me some advice?

I did break my screen a week before it wouldn't turn on again, is it likely that the lcd screen can be dead or some connecion broken?

Really hope someone can give me some advice:)

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm no phone technician.

My advice would have been to approach one and have it looked at / repaired that way.

And or take advantage of the Out of Warranty replacement programme if applicable.

3. laudern macrumors 6502a

Sometimes just cleaning out the lightening port with a cotton stick can fix the problem of not charging.

4. SamaraDn thread starter macrumors newbie

SamaraDn

Yeah, bandofBrothers, i am thinking to do the same thing. sadly i don't have any warany.. and laudern i changed the entire charging port, so i think the problem is somewhere else, but thanks for your input! :)