Tripod for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by logicpro7, Jun 28, 2010.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a tripod for the iPhone 4 or something that will hold the iPhone on a standard camera tripod.

I'm looking to get some good steady HD video footage to edit for for short music promos.

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

3. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

4. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

5. xraytech macrumors 68030

Although very cool, it is not a tripod.

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

It has the mounts for any standard tripod on all 4 corners. Buy a Tripod for $19.99 at best buy, and this mounts to that, holding the iphone.

The tripod is the easy part. The hard part is finding the mount to hold the phone.

7. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

This.

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

My "gorilla" is a china knock off, and not meant for this sort of weight, but you get the idea...

[​IMG]

9. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That looks awesome, just what im looking for!

Wide angle lens too! The only thing i dont like is the snapping in and out of the phone. Would have been better with some sort of clamp etc to secure the phone.

Where can i buy one in the UK for iphone 4?

10. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

I have one of these for my point and shoot. Was looking at options to mount my iPhone 4 to my golf cart and this might be my best option. Anyone know when they might have a case for the iphone 4?

11. Qinetic macrumors member

This just looks fantastic. I'm still looking for a case right now but this is favorited for sure for future reference.

12. dredd15, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

dredd15 macrumors newbie

I picked up an iPhone 4 Tripod off of eBay, $7 shipped to my door.

http://bit.ly/gncVp5

Works fantastic.

Edit: Here's a photo of my iPhone mounted:

[​IMG]

Edit Again: Here's a quick video overview of this Tripod Mount and how it works:

http://vimeo.com/14067509

13. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Do what i did - buy the generic Gorillamobile which has a sucker, standard camera attachment and a couple of sticky pad attachments. Then buy a $1 case and attach one of the pad attachments to that (i used glue too). No need to wait for for the offcial IP4 version, make your own and cheaper.

14. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Was thinking about doing that. So it worked out well for you. Might give it a shot.

15. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I was originally going to get one of the cheap eBay ones (as posted above), but great value for money as they may be, the GorillaMobile is a lot more versatile, hangs off trees, bike handlebars, etc and is more secure.

16. diesel macrumors 6502a

nice find, can you tell me if this will work with a case on the iphone 4? Also your link to the listing takes me to a tripod for the htc droid incredible. Is that the one you bought for the iphone 4?

17. dredd15 macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's the one. The seller, whoever it is overseas, markets it as a holder for an HTC phone, but it works great for my iPhone 4. It holds it very very snug.

You asked about a case ... I have the iPhone Bumper on my iPhone 4, and I just put it in the cheap eBay case ... it works fine. No worries on whether you have a case or not, it is adjustable.

18. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Bubo's kind of a horrible brand name.

Makes me think of the plague.

19. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm assuming that the phone mount is just attached to the tripod with an ordinary tripod screw and is removeable...can you confirm? If so, this is exactly what I need, because I have a dozen tripods in the house already, just no good way to mount a iPhone 4 with bumper onto them.

20. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

How tall is the tripod itself?
    I also want to know if I can transfer the input to another tripod if it's possible... in case the tripod itself isn't that tall...

Please let me know.

21. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

PED3 makes a tripod mount. The PED3 mount definitely works with iPhone4. I have the car mount but its the same phone holder piece.

22. dredd15 macrumors newbie

The Tripod that it comes with is fairly short ... maybe 8" or 10" tall. But all you have to do is take off the mount and it fits any tripod.

I bought mine for the mount, not the freebie mini-tripod that comes with it :)

23. dredd15 macrumors newbie

Exactly :) The mount unscrews with a finger-wheel screw, and it can be placed on any standard tripod.

24. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Excellent, if that's the case i might get one to put the mount on my gorillapod and not need to swap cases to use it :)