Trouble with OWC Accelsior E2 in Xserve2,1

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by ttpjd1, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ttpjd1 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I've acquired a used OWC Accelsior E2 (480GB) which I understood from OWC's web site and Tech Support was compatible with the Xserve2,1 (2008, 8-core, 3GHz, 32GB RAM and OS 10.6.8 currently installed) - even down to allowing a Boot Camp installation which isn't normally possible on an Xserve.

However even after installing the OWC driver, the card doesn't show up in Disk Utility or, as far as I can see, anywhere in System Profiler. The card is in the top PCI slot, next to the power supplies.

Can anyone give me any advice as to what I should see and/or how to troubleshoot please?

Thanks in advance

Phil

2. jamall macrumors regular

Hi Phil,
    First ensure that the card is seated properly in the slot. Even if it wasn't compatible you should still see a device present in System Profiler. Try swapping slots, and if still no luck see if the card is recognised in another machine.
    HTH

3. maccer99 macrumors member

Hi there, wondering what steps were taken to have this card show up. I can only get it to show up in System Profiler but it has stopped showing up by normal means. Tried 3 different slots, same effect.

4. Longer Lane macrumors member

Longer Lane