Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
I don't just blame Elon; I also blame the Twitter board for forcing the sale. Elon wanted to back out of the transaction but the board insisted. The blame is shared by both.

Freaking greedy idiots. Twitter had its faults but now it's a total mess. I hope lessons were learned from this. I doubt it.

Don't conflate greed with fiduciary duty. The board did what it was supposed to do, maximize shareholder value.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
I never figured we'd ever get to see what happens when you give a total manchild full control of one of the largest social media platforms, yet here we are.

I don't just blame Elon; I also blame the Twitter board for forcing the sale. Elon wanted to back out of the transaction but the board insisted. The blame is shared by both.

Freaking greedy idiots. Twitter had its faults but now it's a total mess. I hope lessons were learned from this. I doubt it.
If someone offers you an olive branch of $44 billion for your down-sloping company which is many times greater of the revenue and worth of the company to run away and do something new, you would be an idiot not to take it.

brunerd

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
Chicago
🤮

I suppose I should expound a bit since MR forums would prefer more than one letter comments just like Apple's App Store requires apps to have more than 1 letter. Apparently they made an exception for 𝕏. I deleted my account earlier this year, but wish I'd just let it go dormant, now some other yahoo has my handle… but whatevs 🤷‍♂️ not like my tweets were "saving humanity". This all seems like a modern rendition of Ozymandias

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
so dumb. You used to be able to spot the twitter branding by the specific blue color alone. Now it is just some basic black elements with a nerdy X logo that is not very inviting. Looks like an app to plan ones funeral.

The worst of all is that not even the basic X logo is unique:

1690810124969.png

neliason

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2015
I don’t really like the X rebranding. But it’s funny seeing the criticism of Musk. He’s made more money than anyone criticizing him. He has two very successful businesses that make high tech, real world products that are best in class. That doesn’t mean this rebranding will work. But people are crazy if they are sure Musk is a clueless idiot.

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
I was never a big social media user, and of all the various platforms, I steered clear of Twitter.

I seem to appreciate the distance from the old platform. Regardless of the facts, when using Twitter, it always felt like I was being watched. It feels more open now.

I still plan to stay away, as I detest social media, but I do feel the pull of trying something new.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Oh just what we need xvideos… yeah that’s an existing website y’all 😂. Painful. He
Could’ve stopped hunger across the globe but he decided to buy a website and burn it to the ground instead. What a loser.
I know people tend to hate on Bill Gates, too, just for having tons and tons of money.. But at least he started a foundation that figured out how to turn pee into drinking water for areas in Africa and stuff.. Geesh.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Looks like absolute **** now, great job on destroying a platform this fast.
That was the plan. Twitter would not bow to the will of those who wanted to use it to further their goals, so get dude who has more money than he can ever spend and doesn’t seem to value buy it and crush it out of existence.

Last edited by a moderator:

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
I don’t really like the X rebranding. But it’s funny seeing the criticism of Musk. He’s made more money than anyone criticizing him. He has two very successful businesses that make high tech, real world products that are best in class. That doesn’t mean this rebranding will work. But people are crazy if they are sure Musk is a clueless idiot.
those businesses only became successful after Musk was ousted from the leadership team.

Last edited:

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I love Apple (d‘uh) but I really, really hate that they keep advertising on (Ex-)Twitter while most respectable companies have (sensibly) withdrawn. That place has become so anti anything and everything Apple is supposed to stand for. And now they make an one-letter-app exemption for that idiot on the App store, too? Is Musk somehow blackmailing Tim Cook? I just don‘t get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.