Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STop211650

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2022
This just started happening recently and it's driving me crazy. When I send or receive a twitter link in iMessage, the preview no longer shows. It just seems to affect Twitter links, but it is happening on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, as well as my wife's devices. And it just happens on my home WiFi network ... going to cellular or another network fixes it. Of course my router (Asus) and Twitter customer service have not responded to me.

I have no idea what setting to change, and want to avoid restoring my router to factory settings. Anyone have any ideas on what could be blocking Twitter previews?

Reactions: NullPointer

NullPointer

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2022
+1 I have been noticing the exact same issue with Twitter link preview which suddenly stopped working over Wi-FI since the past few months but surprisingly works over Cellular. Wondering if it has anything to with DNS?

Reactions: STop211650

STop211650

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2022
Yep I still haven’t gotten an answer for this yet. It’s a little less annoying for others since they can click the link to load the preview. But when I send a twitter link I feel annoyed I can’t tell what I sent when viewing it in the iMessage thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.