Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twitter (now X) has added a unique "like" animation for Apple's "Wonderlust" event set to take place later on Tuesday.

Hitting the Like button causes the logo to disperse into pieces, before changing back into the typical love heart. The brief animation reflects the Apple logo graphics used to promote the Apple event – a the multi-colored Apple logo made up of metallic particles – possibly being a subtle nod to the upcoming titanium frame on the ‌iPhone 15 Pro‌. The colors used for the Apple logo also match the expected color options for the 15 Pro, with varying shades of silver, gray, black and dark blue.

Apple began using unique Twitter "like" animations to promote its events three years ago, with the first occasion being for 2020's September "Time Flies" event.

Once again, Apple has also used a custom Twitter hashtag with its logo for the "Wonderlust" event, just as it did for WWDC in June.

The event is expected to headline the ‌iPhone 15‌, Apple Watch Series 9, a second-generation Apple Watch Ultra, and possibly other products. MacRumors will have in-depth coverage of Apple's event, including a live blog on our website and tweets via @MacRumorsLive on Twitter.

Article Link: Twitter (X) Gains Unique 'Like' Animation for Today's Apple Event

Last edited:

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
My problem with Twitter was simple.

Using Tweetbot, Twitter was a pleasant place. I had around 20,000 posts and nearly 4,000 followers. I had several hundred filters set up that synced between my iPhone and my Mac which means that I very rarely saw anything political and I used it to promote my hobby and engage with other similarly minded people. The filters had been built up over years and if something got through that I didn't want to see, I simply added a new filter.

By killing third party apps the way they did, it made Twitter totally unusable for me. I tried to continue with the official app and via a browser but it was just completely awful.

If they'd engaged with the app developers and found a way to have a chargeable system which was still able to work with the API, I'd have happily subscribed for a few quid a month.

But they didn't and it was unusable. So I dumped it.

Just as what happened with Reddit. My Reddit sub was active with thousands of subscribers. Now it's dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
My problem with Twitter was simple.

Using Tweetbot, Twitter was a pleasant place. I had around 20,000 posts and nearly 4,000 followers. I had several hundred filters set up that synced between my iPhone and my Mac which means that I very rarely saw anything political and I used it to promote my hobby and engage with other similarly minded people. The filters had been built up over years and if something got through that I didn't want to see, I simply added a new filter.

By killing third party apps the way they did, it made Twitter totally unusable for me. I tried to continue with the official app and via a browser but it was just completely awful.

If they'd engaged with the app developers and found a way to have a chargeable system which was still able to work with the API, I'd have happily subscribed for a few quid a month.

But they didn't and it was unusable. So I dumped it.

Just as what happened with Reddit. My Reddit sub was active with thousands of subscribers. Now it's dead.
I mean this is totally understandable. I for one, am a casual user: this article made me go on there for the first time in more than a week. Other times I’m there daily just to read comments or follow football news. I try not to invest too much emotions whether I liked the previous management or the new one. However, trying to (not necessarily you) chastise another entity for posting on that platform is borderline insane behaviour.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Apple get off that hellhole.

I feel it’s things like this that show why (I feel) Tim Cook remains the best person to run Apple in this increasingly politicised landscape. He is not here to fight our political battles for us, and he knows it.

One just needs to see how skilfully he has managed relations with Donald Trump and Elon Musk, vs how Disney’s CEO has gotten into very public squabbles with Florida’s governor, and basically trashed their brand to the point where I consider Disney+ to be too toxic for Apple to even consider spending a single cent on acquiring.

This has also been key in managing relations with China in the backdrop of ever-tense US-China ties.

It’s to his credit that Apple, perhaps the most politically-fraught company, somehow feels like it’s above politics and above the fray. Just talk business, just great products, plain and simple.

AndiG

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Germany
Wunder-Staub.
Waiting for how Apple is going to beguile me into giving them 1500€.
By telling you that it is new and awesome and the best iPhone E-V-E-R (forgot to mention that it is also incredible and amazing, of course). AND it has a titanium frame (maybe for some extra bucks).

In the end, though, it's just another iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.