U.K. Get Your PAC Codes Ready Now.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CD3660, Oct 30, 2007.

1. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

With only 10 days left before the great day, you should be speaking to your current network (assuming it's not O2) and asking for your PAC code to be issued.

Just got mine from T-Mobile. Unfortunately it cost me a tidy sum because I had to buy out my contract which doesn't end until April 2008. What the hell; I'm just not prepared to wait a day longer than Friday next week.

Having said that, good fortune smiled on me in another way. The Customer Service rep, without any prompting from me, halved my monthly charge for my 3G data card (unlimited internet access with my Sony SZ2XP), saving me £120 for the next 12 months. You win some, you lose some!

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Already got mine :)

Requested it last tuesday and Virgin Mobile had it to me in under 24 hours. Was very impressed

3. sneeks macrumors 6502a

So you couldn't wait those extra two weeks after all :D

I'd be exactly the same.

4. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

True, I didn't want to wait those two weeks. I've waited long enough haven't I? :D

The thing that really made my mind up though was when I spoke to T-Mobile this morning. They said that I couldn't downgrade my tariff until February next year, having told me yesterday that I could downgrade from 23.11.07. I didn't really believe what I was told this morning but what's the point of arguing?

I'm sick of getting a different story from every Customer Service rep that I speak to. So I went with the safe (but expensive) option which at least guarantees me an iPhone on the 9th. Subject to stock levels that is. :eek:

5. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Just phoned my network; they said their reps need 30 damn days to 'process my letter' and if its not processed right that they'll still charge line rental even though I've paid out of the contract.

So - all I have to say is screw you Vodafone I'm writing October 10th on the letter and blaming the postal strike.

6. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Sorry - just to clarify - Vodafone have told you it'll take 30 days to give you your PAC code?!?

7. alFR macrumors 68020

??

By law they have to issue you a PAC code within 2 working days if you ask for it. It might take them longer to work out how much you owe them for the rest of your contract, but they have to give you the code.

8. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

its not the code, they said "up to 5 days" for that.

It's canceling the contract which takes "30 days from the date on your letter".

They're absolute bastards - they tell me first I can cancel and not have to speak to them in less than a week, yet now they piss all over me.

I swear to God, I'm not happy.

9. marcol macrumors regular

Got mine yesterday from T-Mobile. All done over the phone with very little hassle.

10. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

I assume you were over the minimum term for your contract? Otherwise it costs, which is hassle!

11. marcol macrumors regular

I was distinguishing between hassle and expense :)

12. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Fair point guv! :D

13. smr macrumors 6502a

I called Orange last Saturday to request my PAC number - they said it should be with me within 5 days. I also had to buy my way out of my contract (5 months left) - they simply wanted a credit/debit card number to charge. When she asked why I was switching to O2, she didn't seem at all surprised when I said the iPhone - I guess they have had more than a few requests!

I then had phone call from Orange customer services on Monday asking if I was switching because I was 'unhappy with Orange'. I said I was switching for the iPhone, and she then went on to say how expensive the iPhone was ("£270 for the phone, minimum £35 a month for 18 months"). I agreed that it wasn't cheap, but that I was prepared to pay, and was going to stick with my choice. At that point she quickly finished the call.

14. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

I think they have all be primed to run the iPhone down. I had all sorts of negative remarks about how awful the iPhone is from T-Mobile!

15. danielforman macrumors regular

Yeah they will definitley try to stop you switching by saying how awful it is etc etc but if it was their network that apple had chosen then they would say it is the best product you can buy etc etc. That's business for you though.

16. marcol macrumors regular

Yeah, it's only money. Who needs food when you have multi-touch? :D

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Just requested my PAC from Vodafone. 3-5 working days and will be sent to my home address.

I'm well out of the contract period to as soon as I register the PAC into O2's system I stop getting billed.

No sales talk at all from the rep.

18. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

Hey,

I'm moving over from three and have had frustrating experiences in the past which have resulted in my paying for two months of line rental at once (the last one from previous service provider, and the first one from the next service provider).

In order to avoid this situation, about 3 weeks ago I rang up Three and got my PAC code texted to me immediately. I went to an 02 store and got a free pay as you go sim card which I stuck in my phone. Within 2 weeks my old phone number was transferred to 02 and I received my last bill from three on the 17th October.

So this means that when I get my iPhone, not only do I not have to deal with PAC codes and wait days for the number to be transferred, but I am already an 02 customer. I should have the phone up and running in minimum time and it hasn't resulted in unexpected fees or overlapping contracts.

Sorted.

Has anyone else used this process?

19. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Nicely done. You're obviously someone who thinks ahead! I am normally but I seem to have spent the last few weeks day-dreaming about the iPhone rather than thinking-through the practicalities. :eek:

20. robpow macrumors regular

robpow

Yeah I did this too but I got a pay monthly SIM instead so I don't have to worry about topping up in the meantime. It's £15 with 200 minutes and 200 text and no minimum contract.

Matt

21. martymcr macrumors member

Got mine via a text on Saturday from Orange after I rang up to complain that the letter hadn't arrived. Cost me £150 to buy out my contract :mad:

22. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

That's slightly less than it cost me. :mad:

23. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Costing me £120 - only cause I lowered the rate before hand.

I still hate those robbing Vodafone people grrrrrrs :mad:

9 days! :cool:

24. CD3660 thread starter macrumors 68040

CD3660

Oh the sacrifices we will make to be able to get one on the 9th!

25. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Hahah - I know!

I've said it once, I'll say it again:

It's tough being an Apple Fanboy. :cool: