U.S. Senate Passes Bill to Cut Down on Robocalling

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 23, 2019.

1. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Hey BigMac! :)

The DNC definitely reduced the calls when it first came out, but it really doesn't do much of anything today from what I can tell.

I've turned on DND between 7am and 7pm - that's helped a lot, especially the 3am calls from other countries. I just wish there was an option to turn on: "Only allow calls from my contacts to bother me, everyone else send to voicemail - without disrupting text messages, etc...

2. ersatzplanet macrumors member

The solution for me could be done by Apple itself - just have a mode on my iPhone that doesn't ring the phone at all and sends it directly to voicemail if the caller in not in my Contact list. That would be a great addition and then also add a "delete all" button to the voicemail page. That is all I need. I would look at the voicemail transcriptions (most often they are good enough) and delete all I don't want. Currently my voicemail message says I won't answer if you are not in my contact list and prompts them to text me or leave a message. Most Robo calls never leave messages.