Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
So I have been dating this girl for over five weeks then for some reason I notice her start to drifting away from me. Then it turns out what I was sensing was correct. Two days ago she left me for some guy she met at Warped Tour, and went to Warped Tour together! Ugh. Her reason for choosing him over me is that I apparently bug her and don't make her happy. I know I should be over it now but so many things keep reminding me and bringing me down. Going through her myspace bulletins and facebook statuses I can tell she is way more happy than me and is having a blast with her new boyfriend. I'm effing miserable while she's out slutting around.:(

Bleh. Sorry if I am just sounding like a little b*tch right now. I just need motivation, and a reason for living. And something to look forward to. :eek:

EDIT: Oh, and on top of this I just found out that two of the members of Panic at the Disco will be leaving the band!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Not what you want to hear, but it is teen angst
We all went through it ;)

Some of us are old, and we are still going though it :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
The new iPhone comes out in 2010. And it vaporizes manipulated backstabbing girls. :) Thats something to look forward to. :)

In all seriousness, life is better than you think. At least you got away from her now instead of later.

I was with a girl for 5 months. She broke up with me on my graduation day. She gave me little to no reason. Found out a few months ago she cheated on me with 4 guys. Had sex with 3 of them, hooked up with 1.

OH, AND I LOST MY VIRGINITY TO THIS GIRL

Wanna compare scars?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
The new iPhone comes out in 2010. And it vaporizes manipulated backstabbing girls. :) Thats something to look forward to. :)

In all seriousness, life is better than you think. At least you got away from her now instead of later.

I was with a girl for 5 months. She broke up with me on my graduation day. She gave me little to no reason. Found out a few months ago she cheated on me with 4 guys. Had sex with 3 of them, hooked up with 1.

Wanna compare scars?

Oh sh*t. That does suck. Well, I'm pretty sure she cheated on me with this guy after Warped Tour. And there is no chance she would have had sex with anybody, she's still a virgin and whatnot.

Grr... well, none of my friends liked her anyways and all pretty much hated being around her.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I know it sucks, but you are 16. Life will go on and you will find someone. Oftentimes, opportunities will present themselves while you are not actively seeking them out. Be patient and enjoy your teen years.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Oh ****. That does suck. Well, I'm pretty sure she cheated on me with this guy after Warped Tour. And there is no chance she would have had sex with anybody, she's still a virgin and whatnot.

Grr... well, none of my friends liked her anyways and all pretty much hated being around her.

You are so much better off without her. Life goes on. Shortly after that girl and I broke up, a good friend of mine was online on myspace. We hadnt talked in a while, but it was great catching up with her. She helped me through the break up and we started hanging out. She went through a break up and I was there for her.

Fast forward 13 months later, and she and I have been together for 11 months yesterday.

S*** happens, but at the end of the tunnel is a light. And now I've found the greatest girl in the world.

Im glad she broke up with me. It helped me see who Iwas really meant to be with.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Get off her FB and Myspace pages and stop checking up on her! Delete her as a friend and never look back. You've got to make a clean cut and move on. I'm not saying this is easy, but don't prolong the pain by peeking into her life on social networking sites. Break ups are like band-aids, don't pull it off slow and make it worse, just rip that sucker and get it over with!

Antares

macrumors 68000
Get off her FB and Myspace pages and stop checking up on her! Delete her as a friend and never look back. You've got to make a clean cut and move on. I'm not saying this is easy, but don't prolong the pain by peeking into her life on social networking sites. Break ups are like band-aids, don't pull it off slow and make it worse, just rip that sucker and get it over with!

Ditto. Do this OP! Delete, delete, delete! You'l be better off that way.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL

Then forget her...hang with your friends. At your age girls come and go. Friendship can last forever. Ask them what they didn't like about her. They might give you some perspective that can help in future relationships.

ecstasy

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
I experienced something like this when I was 14.

You'll get over it. It's best if sooner than later.

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
If you treated her right and she was too stupid to realize it, why would you want to be with her? Think about it.

By treating her right I don't mean putting her on a pedestal.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Ditto. Do this OP! Delete, delete, delete! You'l be better off that way.

But, she apparently still wants to stay friends.

You are so much better off without her. Life goes on. Shortly after that girl and I broke up, a good friend of mine was online on myspace. We hadnt talked in a while, but it was great catching up with her. She helped me through the break up and we started hanging out. She went through a break up and I was there for her.

Fast forward 13 months later, and she and I have been together for 11 months yesterday.

S*** happens, but at the end of the tunnel is a light. And now I've found the greatest girl in the world.

Im glad she broke up with me. It helped me see who Iwas really meant to be with.

Eh. Hopefully something like that will happen.

Then forget her...hang with your friends. At your age girls come and go. Friendship can last forever. Ask them what they didn't like about her. They might give you some perspective that can help in future relationships.

Apparently it's because she is really mean and controlling.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000

F*** that. You don't need people like her in your life. Move on.

It will if you stay optimistic and enjoy life.

You should stop here before I start thinking we dated the same person.

EDIT: Oh, and on top of this I just found out that two of the members of Panic at the Disco will be leaving the band!

You better be kidding. Or the Emo word is going to showing up very VERY quickly.

MacVixen

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA

eeek. She wants to stay "friends" because she's trying to soothe her own conscience about cheating on you. It won't be easy but I will echo everyone else's advice and say to forget her and move on. You will be much happier in the long run.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
5 weeks and all this?

You're 16, there are going to be tons more girls and tons more heartbreaks. In the end you'll think you will die without the last until you find the next.

No girl is worth dying over ... and vice versa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.