UK Back To School Offer FINALLY HERE!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andykemp, Sep 12, 2007.

1. andykemp macrumors newbie

Just to let you all know the UK Back to School Offer has finally started...

http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/ and runs till the end of October!

The Front page indicates that it is for nanos but the terms and conditions imply ALL ipods and nanos excluding shuffles... Not sure if that means it includes the touch???

2. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

You're a legend my friend, now time to re-convince the wife that i need a macbook for uni, hehe!!

Cheers! :)

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It's also up for Denmark, if that is your thing ;)

4. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

OMG finally I checked about 2 hours ago and nothing. October 30th, why one day before the end of the month? Mabe lepoard will be out 31st?

5. andykemp thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed to convince my wife to let me get the new iMac and have been holding off incase this started!!! Now I just need to decide if I am going to wait for the Leopard release and try and get that as well!

6. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

This what it says down the right hand side:

1. Shop for a Mac.
    Choose a new MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac or Mac Pro.

2. Buy an iPod.
    Purchase a 4GB iPod nano with your Mac and get up to £85 (UK) / €130 (Ireland) back after mail-in rebate*.

So just the ipod nano 4 GB then? In the bottom section it doesn't say which ipod. Shame as I wanted the 8gb one.

7. sanzu3 macrumors regular

sanzu3

Oh hell - my MBP is en route to me - if i had waited till now I could be getting a new nano as well. I thought that when this promo eventually started it would only be to clear old ipod stock :mad:

8. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

The rebate is the same as the iPod Nano 4GB without taxes

9. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Ditto. My department paid for the machine they, wouldn't order an ipod at the same time anyway.

10. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Why is the the /backtoschool page the only page it's advertised on? There's no small images in the store advertising it, how are you even suppose to know the back to school page exists? Even they haven't got around to it or they don't want too many people knowing.

11. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Youre in luck , in the T&C it says you can claim off ANY ipod :)

PDF link http://images.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/pdf/back_to_school_2007_uk.pdf

12. andykemp thread starter macrumors newbie

Touch??

Anyone think this includes the Touch?

13. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Thanks! 8gb nano for me!:)
    It states you can only buy one desktop per academic year. When would you say the academic year starts as my boyfriend would also like one (imac) so could I get away with buying now and then again in mid-october and it not count as the same year?

14. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

So it looks like the iPod Touch will be included in the offer, which is awesome for me because what I save on the iPod will no go towards either an external HDD, Leopard or Apple Care :D

I'm so glad I didn’t order last night when I got in from work, shame for those of you who missed the deal because you thought it wasn't coming :'(

15. tripout macrumors newbie

16. 119576 Guest

Has anyone checked this out with apple yet? (to see if it does include the touch) because, while the T&Cs would suggest that it does...I don't know; it just doesn't seem very likely.

I'd still like to know though, haha.

17. sanzu3 macrumors regular

sanzu3

Well, I've bought a couple of macbooks in the last year - and I've kinda been "creative" with my interpretation of the ed idscounts and promos. I find that it depends on the apple rep you get, if one turns you down try awhile later... in the end I think you will succeed.

18. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Anyone noticed under Which Mac are you? where it lists the macs and prices that it gives from prices ie iMac from £750.

This price is the price from going through the apple store for education not the higher education (not the 13% discount but the 6% one) does this mean that they are not giving more discount now for HE?
    Can anyone check that can log into their uni network?

19. Exodemia macrumors regular

Woo-hoo, perfect for me! I'm going to be buying £2000+ of stuff from Apple Store next month as I'm off to uni! :D

20. alexapplemac macrumors newbie

ive already posted this somewhere else but its more relevant here....

"i get the full 15% discount also, how come this differs to the slightly lower discount? don't understand, but does the ipod promotion still apply? i'm considering ipod touch / nano...

...but theyre going to stop this offer before the new macbooks (slight upgrades or brand new models) come out won't they?...in which case i'll wait

ARGHHHH"

21. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

In the US they will deduct the cost of a nano if you buy a more expensive iPod. The terms you link to indicate they will do the same thing in the UK. Now that new iPod models have been released, I assume that everyone who complained about the delay in this program is happy now.

22. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

The thing I really don't get is why require a mail in rebate.. We end up paying tax for nothing... :(

23. andykemp thread starter macrumors newbie

Prices are still the same on the HE site:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• macs.png
      macs.png
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  24. Exodemia macrumors regular

25. andykemp thread starter macrumors newbie