Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonesy135

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
Bedfordshire, UK
In Sweden it says on Apple website the delivery time is 1-3 days. And most stores have the airs in stock.

why does it take so long for u guys?

delivery for me is 1-3 days too but that is from apple to me... the time it takes to build and then ship from china to apple is on top of that.... it will be for you too

also apple stores dont have all permutations on Air in stock... usually only have basic and ultimate systems

Branco

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2012
Ordered my 13'' 8GB/i7/256 on 18 July.

Still processing items..

I guess it will change tomorrow.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Caved in already lol, there's apparently 73 items if I look against my delivery ref on expeditors.

It says shanghai to London so does that mean there might actually be a direct flight?

Mine's coming with synchreon, I had the incase origami case for my keyboard delivered with them last year but it was to work so didn't see what van turned up. Do they use local carriers or their own?

Jonesy135

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
Bedfordshire, UK
Mine is currently sitting in London Customs (12hours ahead of schedule!?)

any of you guys know how long it will take to clear customs??

its been there since 00:52 this morning... reckon i could have it by tomorrow??

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK

Meh mine's on Qatar air flight tomorrow according to exp.o I guess I'm on for Friday at the very earliest if not Monday (when there will be no one home to receive it, :-( )

oldcelt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
UK

any of you guys know how long it will take to clear customs??

its been there since 00:52 this morning... reckon i could have it by tomorrow??
Doubt it. It depends how quickly the consignment is processed. Mine took a couple of days, if I remember. Then it has to go to Apple and if you have more than one item, it has to be merged.

Last edited:

rcp27

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
In Sweden it says on Apple website the delivery time is 1-3 days. And most stores have the airs in stock.

why does it take so long for u guys?

If it's a standard "stock" model, you can probably expect it in 1-3 days. If it's a build to order option, then even though the website still claims 1-3 days, it's actually however long it takes to build it in China, ship it to your local Apple distribution centre and then 1-3 days. I only discovered this after I had placed an order, and was sufficiently irritated by the bait-and-switch nature of hiding this extra time (I saw no mention of it on the website and when I had spoken to the guy in the apple store about BTO options, he made no mention of any delivery time beyond the 1-3 days stated on the website) that I called up and cancelled the order. Perhaps it was a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I resented the feeling of having been cheated.

Yawn66

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
The problem is the wording. Here's the real deal.

By "ships: 1-3 business days" they mean it takes 1-3 days until it ships, not 1-3 days shipping time. Those 1-3 business days is the time it takes the factory to build your Mac according to your options.

But then it usually takes 3-7 business days actual shipping time. Expect 3 if you ordered only a single item (no merge in transit) and customs works fast. Expect 7 if you ordered several items (merge in transit) because this means that after passing customs your order is first shipped to an Apple merging facility, combined with your other items, and only then shipped to you from there.

So in total: 1-3 business days for the build and up to 7 days for the entire shipping process. Factor in that in Europe pretty much nothing happens to your shipment on weekends and you end up looking at total of two weeks easily.

Bottom line: Once you've ordered Apple will give you an expected delivery date window (delivery, not shipping). Take the last day of that window. They almost always make that. But do not think that just because that date is two weeks away you'll get it a whole lot earlier and then you're all disappointed and cranky because it's seems to be moving like molasses while you track it 150 times a day. :D

Last edited:

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Anyone managed to phone and swap their delivery address? I think will give them a ring and see if I can get it sent to work if it's going to Monday...

wkp765

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
So I'm checkning this webside expo.expeditors.com. I don't quite understand the stuff it says but where it states;
25/7 - 17:00 - Requested Delivery
25/7 - 11.44 - Out For Delivery

Does that mean it is being delivered to me today?

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
I ordered a stock 13" without any changes yesterday at 4 PM, I added the express delivery and it is being delivered today to me here in Sweden.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Phoned apple, swapped delivery address with no hassle. Think the chap was a bit bemused when I said it hadn't cleared customs so I wouldn't get it by tomorrow lol

Jonesy135

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
Bedfordshire, UK
Phoned apple, swapped delivery address with no hassle. Think the chap was a bit bemused when I said it hadn't cleared customs so I wouldn't get it by tomorrow lol

sucks that you have to wait till Monday mate.

just to rub it in a little bit, mine was delivered to my house at 11am today!

so im leaving work at the earliest possible time !! 2 hours to go!

longest 2 hours of my life....

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Glad yours turned up safe and sound!

My mini dp to dp cable from amazon turned up today I expect the 8gang socket I ordered will be here tomorrow so all will then be ready for Monday.

Better clear customs soon, though, I mean c'mon lol

Jonesy135

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
Bedfordshire, UK
Glad yours turned up safe and sound!

My mini dp to dp cable from amazon turned up today I expect the 8gang socket I ordered will be here tomorrow so all will then be ready for Monday.

Better clear customs soon, though, I mean c'mon lol

any update??

is it in the van for delivery today???

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
any update??

is it in the van for delivery today???

Yep I have it here, no time to get going with it until this evening. I called apple to change the address on Thursday and they didn't action it until today, luckily I phoned UPS this morning and knew where it was going.

Apple just phoned me to tell me this, and after I had a bit of a rant that I'd deliberately phoned them whilst it was still in customs yet nothing was done until today I am getting a £30 apology :)

I've had it out of the box to check for no dings lol but not started it up. I will have a fun evenings once the kids gave gone to bed!

jeremyx

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
In what format is the tracking number for UPS? I just got email from Apple that it should be shipped but can't see any tracking information..

jeremyx

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Found the tracking from Expeditors.com

How long has it took from "Client Called for Pickup" till you've had the package?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.