Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
So it's just gone 1am in the UK and I see no way to preorder yet. Will it be in the morning? Apple has kept really quiet on this release time for the product. I just wanna buy it!!!

Also if you do buy it, tell me about it :)

jason.r

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2015
128gb space grey cellular + pencil here we come.... Belfast Store once stock arrives... :)

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
John Lewis aren't doing pre orders. Will have to order or turn up on release day.
Worth ordering from JL thou for the extra warranty

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Quick Question - is it better to order the iPad, Pencil and Keyboard as separate orders on the Apple Store. Normally, ordering multiple things together can cause delay as they need another day to merge in transit..

I'm thinking of ordering separately - but am I the only one ?

Reactions: TheLondonFella

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
128GB WiFi only this time - will get pencil and keyboard too.

Hoping 8am release but it usually shows a 'we're getting ready' by now so who knows?!

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
John Lewis aren't doing pre orders. Will have to order or turn up on release day.
Worth ordering from JL thou for the extra warranty

I'd order with them, for the extra warranty.

However, do they offer Apple's no questions asked return policy?

I absolutely detest dead/stuck pixels, and thoroughly check my devices when I receive them. If there are faulty pixels, the device goes back to Apple and I re-buy/exchange.

Would I have the same option with John Lewis, or would I be (no pun intended) stuck with the device?

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
Oh, and 126GB silver, for me.

WiFi (this iPad 4 is with cellular, but it's neve been used).

My iPad is an indoor device only, so no cellular required.

I'm also buying the silicone case & Smart Cover, in grey ...

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Quick Question - is it better to order the iPad, Pencil and Keyboard as separate orders on the Apple Store. Normally, ordering multiple things together can cause delay as they need another day to merge in transit..

Good question and you're right it's usually better but I think I'll risk ordering it all together as it's more of a soft release.

*deep breath*

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014

Great thought.

However, do you want the messing about?

I waited until almost 7pm last night to receive my order from Foot Locker, and they use UPS the same as Apple.

I'd just order as one.

UK here as well, by the way.

Ordering the 128GB Pro in silver (WiFi) with silicone case & Smart Cover, in grey ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
Good question and you're right it's usually better but I think I'll risk ordering it all together as it's more of a soft release.

*deep breath*

I remember when pre-ordering my iPhone 6.

The handset was in the basket, with day one delivery day.

By the time I'd messed about with cases, it had slipped to a few weeks!

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I'd order with them, for the extra warranty.

However, do they offer Apple's no questions asked return policy?

I absolutely detest dead/stuck pixels, and thoroughly check my devices when I receive them. If there are faulty pixels, the device goes back to Apple and I re-buy/exchange.

Would I have the same option with John Lewis, or would I be (no pun intended) stuck with the device?
John Lewis have brilliant customer service so I be surprised if they don't replace it

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Education placeholder page up... Pencil and Smart Keyboard ship in EIGHT BUSINESS DAYS!

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 08.01.53.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 08.01.41.png

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Pencil not quite as bad as the 8 days it said before.

Is the normal store still not up for you guys?!

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 08.14.03.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.