Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pennbank

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I'm missing something. How do you check stock levels at specific stores?

On The Apple Order page, select Store pick up and scroll down, availability at nearby your selected store will show. On my screen grab App Store collection is presently down. But when back up will show stores with availability and or similar product to the item you have selected. Have to be quick though throughout the day as orders get cancelled etc.
Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 07.05.14.png

Last edited:

ShaunFrancis

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Conwy
Hello everyone.

it’s most likely that iPhone orders are in the UK already. Will be with DPD on Thursday evening.

its much more fun when they used to ship it from abroad and follow the journey.

I’m going for the iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB in Graphite... only 16 more days till pre-orders.....

Last iPhone I bought was the iPhone X, sold this to music magpie for £350, currently using the iPhone SE 1st gen (battery life is awful). Makes me appreciate and get more excited for the newer iPhone.

drunkmouth

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Think this might be the first time I’ll ever get AppleCare. How much is it monthly? And would it only apply to one of my devices or can it apply to my iPad, Apple Watch and iPhone?

For the iPhone it’s around £8 a month or £199 upfront. You’d need to buy it for your other devices but you can only get it in the first 60 days since purchasing.

Reactions: jahin17

KrisBreezy91

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2020
Anyone here preorder with Three? Went through a right ordeal to get them to agree to something they offered me in live chat and then tried to back track.

Ended up ordering the standard 12 in blue 128gb, 12gb data, they wiped the £49 upfront and paying £52 a month.

But I hate you don’t get anything to confirm your order... just a text on the day of delivery, but thankfully they use DPD too!

Jackmw14

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2019
When I read the ordeal that everyone goes through ordering from anywhere but Apple it makes me think why doesn’t everyone order from Apple. I used to order from O2 but I got fed up of not knowing whether it was coming until the day of the delivery so now buy outright from Apple.

wba1990

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2015
Birmingham, England
My EE order is also showing expected delivery date 23rd October

Do you get a text the night before with a time slot does anyone know as having it delivered it my parents house

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
does anyone know if the new iPhone 12 Apple silicone cases have a small lip to protect the screen on impact? Or is it flat with no front protection?

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
When I read the ordeal that everyone goes through ordering from anywhere but Apple it makes me think why doesn’t everyone order from Apple. I used to order from O2 but I got fed up of not knowing whether it was coming until the day of the delivery so now buy outright from Apple.
Does that mean my O2 order page won’t change then?
Currently shows as waiting for launch day.
If it doesn’t change after that I can stop loading it multiple times a day ?

Jackmw14

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2019

They are a bit hit and miss on your O2 account in the “my orders” section it will have an MS-number click on that and the tracking details should be posted there first.

Darth Jeevster

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2015
They are a bit hit and miss on your O2 account in the “my orders” section it will have an MS-number click on that and the tracking details should be posted there first.

Nothing will change until tomorrow, tomorrow evening your tracking number will update, also tomorrow night you will get a text to say your tariff has been updated - both of these can happen anytime up till mid-night tomorrow night as O2 despatch up until then, will be either DPD or UKMail, I believe O2 are also using DHL currently

Reactions: Thoradin

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield

When I was with o2 years ago from 6, 6s and 7, I didn't hear anything but I would get a text message the night before that I will receive it tomorrow. I got all three phones on launch day.

Reactions: Lukkee24

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Honestly not sure i may ask them when i go in there
Please do! Feel like it was iPhone 7 or X onwards, I rang up and they said no point without a reser

Keep Checking, I did thats how I bagged my 2nd order at around 5.30 today for collection Early Saturday Morning at my local store . So I can decide on colour of the Pro. My first order (Ordered Friday) is for collection This Friday Late Afternoon. They may let me have the 2nd order when I go in Friday If I prefer the colour. I will be cancelling one so some one will also be lucky to bag it in store
I mean, it’s your phone and you paid over £2K for now so they would be foolish to say “no come back later”... In my retail / student days people used to kick off over parcels that were not in yet if they were shopping at 9am for £6 T-shirts, imagine saying no if the stock is there! If not, a quick “are you joking, the phone is here right now and so am I”

I'm up working late, because I've spent most of my day following this thread and refreshing my Amazon orders!! Just ordered a Fferrero Rocher milkshake via Uber Eats and the sugar is not helping in keeping me away!
I drink a tremendous amount of coffee to help with that, it’s more of a “you get used to it” rather than feel the benefits

I did an iPhone launch at Bluewater once... never again!
oh how come? Did they mess up your reservation or was it not in stock at all? One year they definitely had no launch day stock beyond collections, I cite above^

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Nothing will change until tomorrow, tomorrow evening your tracking number will update, also tomorrow night you will get a text to say your tariff has been updated - both of these can happen anytime up till mid-night tomorrow night as O2 despatch up until then, will be either DPD or UKMail, I believe O2 are also using DHL currently
Cheers!
I’ve never ordered a phone through them before, only SIM cards.
So their system is all new to me.

Supersonicc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2016
I would imagine this thread would calm down slightly by the max/mini launch but there will still be plenty of us here making references to time slots ?

Lol. Yeah likely to calm down here but personally I will be pretty much far from calm!

I'll have everything open from phone to iPad to iMac with app store & website to try & secure my Pro Max!

Going to be the eye of the 2020 iPhone launch storm! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.