Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Other UK iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max (2020) Orders and Dispatch Thread

What model are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sal09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
England, UK
Was going to order Gold Pro for my second line with EE but dispatch date slipped to 21 days lol. Might wait for Pro Max pre-order plans. No point paying £500 early upgrade fee and have no phone for 21 days lol

Comment

aldo82

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
Just got confirmation of £360 for my Xs max 64GB from music magpie so I’m pleased with that. Puts the cost of the pro down to £640 and I’m saving significantly on a sim only plan vs EE handset contract so will be quids in in the end!

Comment

CD3660

macrumors 601
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Is there any impact on camera and sensors?
Not that I’ve noticed.

On the question of Face ID I find that the 12 Pro works more effectively than the 11 Pro Max. For example, it works even when I’m lying on my side whereas with my 11 Pro Max I had to sit up to unlock it. I thought I read / heard that there were no improvements to Face ID.

Reactions: Mr.C
Comment

AVBeatMan

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2010
Dunno whether to go for the 12 pro or 12 pro max. I’m usually all about the biggest phones, however I’m hesitant to go bigger because I have an iPad mini and I think there would be too much overlap between the 12 pro max and my mini 5.

I have the 11 pro max now. Last year after my note 10+ debacle I briefly had a Xr before I got the 11 pro max. I didn’t have an issue with the screen size. I had the X and found it too small but the Xr was ok.

It seems that the 12 pro max doesn’t actually have 5x optical zoom either.

I’m having the same dilemma. I’ve ordered the regular Pro and will also get the Max before returning one. I got the case for the pro and there’s not much difference in size compared to my current 11 Pro Max.

Comment

AVBeatMan

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2010
The upgrade programme no, not unless you're already on the programme. If you're new to the programme you have to go to an Apple Store and sign up in person. the 0% Barclays finance you can get pre-approval for. IMO Barclays 0% is the better option as it's over 24months vs 20months so the monthly repayments are cheaper and AppleCare is optional, you can take it after you have purchased the phone if you like where as upgrade programme includes it.

I’m still trying to find out when pre-approval is available for the Pro Max. If anyone knows can you let me know? When was it available for the 12’s?

Comment

palemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I’m still trying to find out when pre-approval is available for the Pro Max. If anyone knows can you let me know? When was it available for the 12’s?
It was available the Tuesday before preorder went live. So I’d say 3rd November

Reactions: njek
Comment

Jinjin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Does anyone know how I can contact an actual human being and not a bloody robot on Hermes? I’ve had enough with him especially since my delivery was meant to come Monday.

Hermes are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Nearly got into a fight with one of their drivers for faking my signature on deliveries and never delivering them. Caught them in the act and their excuse was ‘it’s faster for them to sign it’.

You can’t get through to a human and I actively avoid companies that use them.

Saying that, it’s amazons issue and you should be pressuring them to sort it.

Comment

Jinjin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Who here is doing the annual upgrade programme? Is it a smooth process?

£61 for the iphone i want...hmmm dunno if to go this route or not.

Think will be cheaper to just buy with very and pay it off each month that suits and pay it off when i sell the phone and upgrade again.

Just do the 24 month 0%.

Comment

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
The upgrade programme no, not unless you're already on the programme. If you're new to the programme you have to go to an Apple Store and sign up in person. the 0% Barclays finance you can get pre-approval for. IMO Barclays 0% is the better option as it's over 24months vs 20months so the monthly repayments are cheaper and AppleCare is optional, you can take it after you have purchased the phone if you like where as upgrade programme includes it.

You don’t get approved even if you are in the programme do you? You still need another credit check eBay time.

Comment

jahin17

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2016
London
Hermes are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Nearly got into a fight with one of their drivers for faking my signature on deliveries and never delivering them. Caught them in the act and their excuse was ‘it’s faster for them to sign it’.

You can’t get through to a human and I actively avoid companies that use them.

Saying that, it’s amazons issue and you should be pressuring them to sort it.
Yup Amazon ended up cancelling mine unfortunately. They claimed the item was lost and there was nothing else they can do.

Comment

Jinjin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.

If your changing your phone after 12 months then (selling phone privately and paying off loan) then the cost of ownership for the year is the same regardless if you go with IUP over 20/months of the 24 month loan.

IUP = £69 up front and then higher monthly payments. But when you come to settle after 12 months you have less to pay off.

20 month loan = no deposit and lower monthly. After 12 months you will have more to pay off and even after selling phone you might need to pay more to clear balance.

But both over 12 months will be the same.

Other considerations:-

* 24 month loan we were able to pre approve which meant we can then have the phone delivered on launch or collected in store.

* IUP will mean going into store.

Reactions: palemonkey
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.