Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Only trouble is MM take days to respond 5 at my last count link won’t open on safari it’s usually Laurah and she says no to every thing lol
🤣
A677CCA0-F0F6-4A1F-8B82-0D55B607A40C.jpeg

bronksy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2006
London
Can anyone who has ordered the ESR Armorite screen protector for the 14 Pro and received it, confirm whether it has a notch at the top like the pictures seem to show please? Not sure why this is needed if the pictures are correct?

It does indeed have a small knockout at the top.
I asume becuase the earpiece is right at the edge of the phone so this is why. Usually Amorite have the mesh over the grille on the protector which keeps all the cr*p and face-juice out of the phone.

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Well apart from my lack of money
Sorry to ask a question am sure been asked a few times before but I didn't think it mattered til today. So on discovering today that you can only use UPGRADE22 code with MusicMagpie once how long do you have from checkout to get the phone to MM? I checked out on 2nd September and have another order saved but will lose £20 with that as that is what the code was worth to my trade in. Not the end of the world but.............

Also with their prepaid label is the phone fully insured to the trade in value?

MM website really lacking in useful info and clarity.
I checked out on September 7th, I got a reminder e mail yesterday saying don’t forget we can only guarantee your current value for 21 days. So I’m assuming that’s from the 7th.

Reactions: troubleonline

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
So iPhone 12 Pro sent to GoodBuyTech in tip top shape, case and screen protector used from new. Offered £512, downgraded to £412 due to scratches on the screen visible from 30cms and felt with a fingernail running over them! I call B***. Lesson learned, always stick with the big guns!

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
So iPhone 12 Pro sent to GoodBuyTech in tip top shape, case and screen protector used from new. Offered £512, downgraded to £412 due to scratches on the screen visible from 30cms and felt with a fingernail running over them! I call B***. Lesson learned, always stick with the big guns!
I used these once and had the same issue - they were awful to deal with. I absolutely hate it that no matter what you say, they just won’t change anything. Feel your pain.

Reactions: Guv280984

Pedster

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Newbury
Can anyone who has ordered the ESR Armorite screen protector for the 14 Pro and received it, confirm whether it has a notch at the top like the pictures seem to show please? Not sure why this is needed if the pictures are correct?

Yes there is a very slight notch that is nearly invisible. It’s for the ear speaker gap at the very edge of the phone.

Reactions: Jinjin

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
I checked out on September 7th, I got a reminder e mail yesterday saying don’t forget we can only guarantee your current value for 21 days. So I’m assuming that’s from the 7th.
Thanks

I found some info on the MM site about items being fullly insured once dropped at an EVRi parcel shop. ONly issue is the label they gave me is for the Royal Mail :rolleyes:

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
I used these once and had the same issue - they were awful to deal with. I absolutely hate it that no matter what you say, they just won’t change anything. Feel your pain.
Rebuy are offering £466 now so will get them to send it back and send it to them! Nightmare...

d7rren

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
It does indeed have a small knockout at the top.
I asume becuase the earpiece is right at the edge of the phone so this is why. Usually Amorite have the mesh over the grille on the protector which keeps all the cr*p and face-juice out of the phone.
Just checked the Spigeon EZ and it’s actually the same. so fine it’s nearly unnoticeable. I hadn’t even realised that’s where the earpiece was.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Thanks

I found some info on the MM site about items being fullly insured once dropped at an EVRi parcel shop. ONly issue is the label they gave me is for the Royal Mail :rolleyes:
fully insured when using their labels, so for any of their services.

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
If history follows they will, so it’s best to turn off the beta profile if you’re restoring from iCloud backup with a new phone on Friday.

Will it not drop tomorrow. They don’t normally drop betas and full releases same day do they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.