Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

zetti

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2012
Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 10.24.02.png
All ready for my Deep Purple Pro Max :)

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Struggling to keep up!

@Sal09 - amongst your growing case haul have you ordered Silicone Elderberry and Leather Ink?

What’s the ETA and can you do a side by side specifically on these two?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Thought it was cheaper to buy it all up front than pay monthly for AC
yeah it is.. I meant with the Barclays finance, they basically add the full price 2 year option to your loan and you split the cost as per the phone.

there is also the payg option each month which is more (over 2 years)

Last edited:
Reactions: ct2k7

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
Another stupid question, when you preorder for pick up (and trade in, if that makes a difference) do they give you time slots or do you just turn up whenever?

I don’t wanna be in no queues 🤣

...yea, you're normally allocated a 1 hour time slot.

Reactions: sb22

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
is it worthy AppleCare or the one with theft on top ?
never had AppleCare and my iPhone 11 Pro Max is in pristine condition after 3 years and on original apple leather case , the screen protector was on for more than 2 years , but when I took it off , man felt like a whole new experience using the screen. the people who have the 13 pro is the screen more durable against the scratches or should I go again with screen protector
thanks
like any insurance, you won't miss it until you need it!

if you're happy with the risk of not having then that's fine... I only started taking it when IUP launched, and have now carried on with it

Reactions: sb22

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
Deep Purple or Space Black? 🤔🤔🤔

I’ve pre-pre ordered the Space Black 14PM. I’ve honestly been back and forth between the Pro and PM this year. I had the 12 Pro and then went to the 13 PM which initially was great but soon became cumbersome and now in the interim of the new iPhones have gone to the 13 Mini and I’m quite frankly loving the size of it. It’s truly a first world problem.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
yeah it is.. I meant with the Barclays finance, they basically add the full price 2 year option to your loan and you split the cost as per the phone.

there is also the pay option each month which is more (over 2 years)
Thx JinJin didn’t realise they added it in full to late now with completed pre authorisation will just buy it on set up.

Now to get theft protection or not. never lost a phone or had one stolen but worse case it is covered under the house insurance or just pay the extra

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Just to add , i gad a replacement 12 pro last month as,the previous one had speaker issues, my battery health is 100%, really don't know if to stick with this another year.
I think the jump from the 12 should be quite nice - promotion display, better battery life, better cameras, dynamic island, AOD, etc.

It's up to you, of course, whether you sit it out or not - next year looks likely to bring USB-C, if that's your jam?

Reactions: Jinjin

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
where is the best place to get with that price?
Cex has them starting at 900 , yes cheaper but not that great price
Myself can't trust online used phone offers and always a gamble
900 pounds for a new iPhone 13 pro max I will buy now
might be a few months away but apple will no doubt start selling refubed 13 pros.

the currently sell a 12PM 128GB at £779!

you will get piece of mind buying from apple, but it will cost you!

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
What colour is 'inked'??

I'm trying to look at the Ink Magsafe Wallet but can't tell on my laptop screen if its a black-ish colour or blue-ish?!!
same issue I had with the leather watch bands... they've got a new ink option too... just looked like black to me on screen.. have assumed its a really dark blue.

Reactions: AppleFanToo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.