Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 80 6.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 58 4.7%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 366 29.4%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 573 46.0%
  • None... I am sticking with my current phone

Votes: 107 8.6%

• Total voters

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Face ID is great compared to Touch ID. I always had problems with Touch ID in cold weather when my skin was dry. So far, 1Password and My EE apps work with Face ID with hopefully more to follow.

Reactions: Maxdude66

zkw87

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2017
I’m getting fed up waiting for my 256 SG from Vodafone and their inconsistent answers so I’m considering cancelling and going for IUP instead. I’ve noticed my nearest Apple store in Aberdeen doesn’t seem to have stock very often but Glasgow does. I’ll be passing through Glasgow later in the week and wondered if anyone can tell me what sort of pickup options you get via IUP? Eg if I saw stock today could I select pickup on Thursday or do I need to do it on the day I’ll pick it up?

CC07

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
I had the stock updates notifications pushed to my phone. Victoria Square popped up and within seconds I had it reserved. Try doing it that way?

Aw I thought I had it set up right on istock but must check it out! Did they sell out I'm guessing?

Maxdude66

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2017
I’m getting fed up waiting for my 256 SG from Vodafone and their inconsistent answers so I’m considering cancelling and going for IUP instead. I’ve noticed my nearest Apple store in Aberdeen doesn’t seem to have stock very often but Glasgow does. I’ll be passing through Glasgow later in the week and wondered if anyone can tell me what sort of pickup options you get via IUP? Eg if I saw stock today could I select pickup on Thursday or do I need to do it on the day I’ll pick it up?
There’s a SG 256 available at Glasgow now via iUP and you can reserve for up to 7 days in advance I think. Just do it!

Reactions: zkw87

zkw87

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2017
There’s a SG 256 available at Glasgow now via iUP and you can reserve for up to 7 days in advance I think. Just do it!

Ah thanks! Unfortunately it looks like I missed it :-( but I’ll keep an eye out for any more. That’s really useful to know though that I can reserve for up to 7 days in advance.

Maxdude66

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2017
Ah thanks! Unfortunately it looks like I missed it :-( but I’ll keep an eye out for any more. That’s really useful to know though that I can reserve for up to 7 days in advance.
I’ve just looked and it’s still there !!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I’ve returned my X (Face ID doesn’t work very well for me, have to hold the phone very close to read it... too close for Face ID)... so I’m looking for the cheapest way to get an 8. If I do as you’re thinking and bought from Very, would I be able to take it to an Apple Store if for any reason it’s faulty, or would I have to deal with Very? I won’t be buying AppleCare.

Yes, Apple deal with warranty no matter what retailer you bought it from.

Reactions: SparklyApple

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Aw I thought I had it set up right on istock but must check it out! Did they sell out I'm guessing?

It hasn’t showed on iStock that it was even available. I think there was maybe only 1 as a few people tried to get it and I have only read of one person being successful. There were some others available for existing iUP customers tho so stock this week might be better in Belfast... Was chatting to a Senior employee in store earlier as I had my third Belkin screen protector changed (damn they crack so easily with the smallest amount of pressure, no drops or anything!) and apparently they have complained to Apple about the lack of handsets as customers have been going mad in store about it so they had hoped to get a decent shipment in this week

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Oh nice, enjoy!

what was time of confirmation email?
Can’t find the email now for some reason. I had an email from DHL saying my parcel is on the way a few days before. I couldn’t think of what it was!

The dispatch email from Apple I received the day before though.

Got billed yesterday.

Reactions: mattysmith118

whiterider

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Received my phone today (well, yesterday now) just finished getting it all set up and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. My main niggle is Face ID is hit and miss (mostly hit, but it's an inconvenience when it does fail that I've mostly never had with TouchID), and I hope in a software update they get rid of the small wait before you can input a passcode. Multi-tasking also needs sorted. Why you can't just swipe up once you're in the multi-task view is beyond me.

Reactions: CamiMR

redshovel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Inevitably I will miss my JL order tomorrow for a 256 SG. Lack of text slot txt on Saturday really screwed me over there. As I really want a Sliver anyway the perfect solution would be stock tomorrow morning for Belfast Store so I can collect at lunch.
So.....alarm set once more for 5.59am

Reactions: krobinson

CC07

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
It hasn’t showed on iStock that it was even available. I think there was maybe only 1 as a few people tried to get it and I have only read of one person being successful. There were some others available for existing iUP customers tho so stock this week might be better in Belfast... Was chatting to a Senior employee in store earlier as I had my third Belkin screen protector changed (damn they crack so easily with the smallest amount of pressure, no drops or anything!) and apparently they have complained to Apple about the lack of handsets as customers have been going mad in store about it so they had hoped to get a decent shipment in this week

Oh, interesting! I feel sorry for retail staff - they get a lot of **** for something they can't control! How do you find the screen protector on the x? I always get the anti-glare one and stick a case on it too.

Reactions: Guv280984

ohdonnyboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2017
Received my phone today (well, yesterday now) just finished getting it all set up and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. My main niggle is Face ID is hit and miss (mostly hit, but it's an inconvenience when it does fail that I've mostly never had with TouchID), and I hope in a software update they get rid of the small wait before you can input a passcode. Multi-tasking also needs sorted. Why you can't just swipe up once you're in the multi-task view is beyond me.
Glad to hear you got yours as well mate. It's an awesome phone but I get you with regards Face ID. I have backed it up and signed up for IOS 11.2 Beta 4 and plonked that on the phone for faster charging and to test for any changes. For Face ID it does seem a bit more reliable and the PIN prompt is instantaneous. Also there was an annoying home sharing glitch where it thought it was on 4G when it was on Wi-Fi...thats gone thankfully. So hope is round the corner. Enjoy your X! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.