Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 80 6.4%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 58 4.7%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 366 29.4%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 573 46.0%
  • None... I am sticking with my current phone

Votes: 107 8.6%

• Total voters

MissAppleMac

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
North East, UK
Well I collected my SG X from John Lewis at the weekend and it’s a great phone. Really enjoying using it and stunned by how good Face ID is - I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is! Happy days (apart from the bank balance anyway!). Thanks for your help in locating one everyone

zuzox

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
United Pingdom
Just don't buy at the Carphone Warehouse guys.. I ordered mine, said 17th November delivery. Called on the 17th as there was no tracking number provided, 3 different people assured me it would be delivered today. Call up again as I have no shipping ref.. and then get the news it won't be delivered till the 1st December!! - Cancelled my order right there. Just shocking how bad this place is. Now to watch this thread!

5to1

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Well I collected my SG X from John Lewis at the weekend and it’s a great phone. Really enjoying using it and stunned by how good Face ID is - I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is! Happy days (apart from the bank balance anyway!). Thanks for your help in locating one everyone

Glad you managed to get one. 2 year warranty with JL is nice bonus aswell (whilst apple will repair under consumer rights it usually requires an argument).
[doublepost=1511170327][/doublepost]
Just don't buy at the Carphone Warehouse guys.. I ordered mine, said 17th November delivery. Called on the 17th as there was no tracking number provided, 3 different people assured me it would be delivered today. Call up again as I have no shipping ref.. and then get the news it won't be delivered till the 1st December!! - Cancelled my order right there. Just shocking how bad this place is. Now to watch this thread!

Did the same for two release day orders. Silence then Lied through their teeth when I chased them. I cancelled immediately as I had no confidence they would meet their new date of 17th. Seems I was right to.

Reactions: MissAppleMac

crazyman3005

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
27th October 9.29AM order....Apple Store Online - Just checked my status and 'Preparing for Dispatch' woo! - How long do orders generally stay as 'Preparing for dispatch' before they do dispatch?...secondly I guess this is good news for everyone as 9.29 is quite a late time slot... I guess a massive stock allocation has dropped in the UK.

Reactions: mattysmith118

blaugrana69

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
27th October 9.29AM order....Apple Store Online - Just checked my status and 'Preparing for Dispatch' woo! - How long do orders generally stay as 'Preparing for dispatch' before they do dispatch?...secondly I guess this is good news for everyone as 9.29 is quite a late time slot... I guess a massive stock allocation has dropped in the UK.

What was your original delivery estimate ?

Tosic

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
Mine was preparing to dispatch for about an hour. Then got it next day after leaving apples warehouse at 9pm at night.

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
When did you order it? I've got the same delivery date of 28 November - 4 December from EE

I've also got a 28th - 4th slot from EE, but I only ordered last Monday (13th), when did you? On the EE website's forum it sounds like their estimation/tracker is completely unreliable. People are getting their's now when they were given a 3rd - 10th slot and they're still processing orders from the first 8am preorders.

I'm hoping that things are catching up though, with the increased supply that seems to be going around.

I wish I could afford one outright, then I wouldn't have to wait.

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Oh, interesting! I feel sorry for retail staff - they get a lot of **** for something they can't control! How do you find the screen protector on the x? I always get the anti-glare one and stick a case on it too.

Yeah I feel sorry for them too as it is completely out of their control yet so many people have come in trying to get the newly advertised iPhone that they have hardly had any of!

I love how thin the Belkin screen protector is especially when swiping up from the bottom. But in all fairness, the smallest of knocks and it just seems to shatter. Read that on a lot of reviews so if this one fails I’m taking it back for a refund. New return date is 8th January so I’ve got plenty of time to see if this one holds up!

CC07

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
Yeah I feel sorry for them too as it is completely out of their control yet so many people have come in trying to get the newly advertised iPhone that they have hardly had any of!

I love how thin the Belkin screen protector is especially when swiping up from the bottom. But in all fairness, the smallest of knocks and it just seems to shatter. Read that on a lot of reviews so if this one fails I’m taking it back for a refund. New return date is 8th January so I’ve got plenty of time to see if this one holds up!

Yeah its frustrating for everyone! Really hoping some come in this week so I don't have to wake up at 6am anymore!

I think I'll pick up the screen protector and a leather case!

Reactions: Guv280984

5to1

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
In terms of my best bet now any ideas?

Is JL the best bet? - How do you get notifications on the app?

For London JL is definitely a good bet if you can collect. They appear to update their stock at night. So watch iStock and note down the stores that have stock of the one you want. Phone a few minutes before opening and ask their CS to transfer you to the store. Then reserve. In my case they were happy for me to collect next day, so you don't have to rush in to get it.

Good luck (if you're not in London same may be true of other JL stores, I just havent watched their stock levels so can't be sure).

Kuroblack350

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
hmm don't have much hope to get my 8.30 on time this Friday (24-1)
when its taken 3 and a bit weeks to get to 8.19

I'm in the same 24th onwards slot - I'm hoping that the orders tail off in intensity throughout the 27th - hopefully so as I ordered mine around 3 in the afternoon :)

At the same rate of dispatch as the 8-8:15 orders, I'd probably be looking at November 2022... :)

mixeraka

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
London
I've also got a 28th - 4th slot from EE, but I only ordered last Monday (13th), when did you? On the EE website's forum it sounds like their estimation/tracker is completely unreliable. People are getting their's now when they were given a 3rd - 10th slot and they're still processing orders from the first 8am preorders.

I'm hoping that things are catching up though, with the increased supply that seems to be going around.

I wish I could afford one outright, then I wouldn't have to wait.

What colour did you get your iPhone X in... silver? If so, then it would explain why you got it delivered so fast!

I ordered mine on 11th Saturday and I've been informed by a work colleague that I should get it hopefully this week! ;)

Reactions: mattysmith118

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
In terms of my best bet now any ideas?

Is JL the best bet? - How do you get notifications on the app?
Got mine day after launch from JL 9.15am had arrived. Very good and most reliable of other than Apple suppliers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.