Uk: iphone 4s vodafone thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zepp85, Oct 10, 2011.

1. zepp85 macrumors member

Thought i would start a thread for people who have pre ordered with vodafone in UK .

please let us know what details you have recieved from vodafone and when your phone is shipped - delivered etc ...

2. Lessman macrumors newbie

3. MrT21 macrumors newbie

rang them up today and they said it would be in my local vodafone shop to pick up friday or saturday!;D

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Well i tried to pre order the other day only to be told my contract does not finish until next year. I have a glimmer of hope though. I'm on my dads account and he has 4 lines that finish in a few weeks. They have in the past accommodated my dad because he is a high spender and has been a customer since they started business. They said they will waiver the fee and extend the contract to get a 4s only I have to wait until the 4 lines expire.

He has got a free IPad 2 from them a few months back so I think they will honour what they said :)

5. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Ordered Saturday afternoon. Got first email immediately and then second credit check pass after a couple of hours. Waiting dispatch email now. Collecting from store.

6. zepp85 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered on sunday, guy on phone was hopefull for delivery on friday but says they wont know until they get the stock in and allocated. So im still waiting on dispatch email aswel. However im getting delivered to house, didnt see point in sending it to a store where i will have to queue to pick it up.

7. moel macrumors 6502

Phew, thank god it's not just me then :)

I am heading to the store, because i'm not sitting at home all day!

OH GOD NOOOOOOO i've just realised i'm in Leicester and not Loughborough all day.... GAH!!!!!!!!

8. tendicott macrumors newbie

I only preordered last night and have received my credit check this morning.

9. moel macrumors 6502

It's fine then, i suspect that the weekends credit checks are probably on some sort of batch list to be done overnight, where as the rest are processed on a first come first served basis!

10. leowyatt macrumors regular

Credit Check passed and waiting for email to let me know the phone will be available for collection :)

Won't make it there on Friday so will pick up Saturday morning.

11. zepp85 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered mine on sunday over the phone and got the credit check through 15 mins after.

12. leowyatt macrumors regular

13. khakilad macrumors member

I pre-ordered the 64Gb black on Friday and i'm currently awaiting for the item to be delivered to store.

One question is, is there going to be stock just for the pre orders or are the phones going to come out of the stores own stock?

This would mean people turning up to the store on Friday without a pre order could be in fact helping themselves to our phones?

I've gone for a 12 month 1200 minute deal as works out the same price as the 600 or 900 minute deal when you factor in the inital phone cost.

Just make sure to reduce the contract down after the 12 months is up!

14. zepp85 thread starter macrumors member

I went for the 300 18month deal 36 a month, £259 less the £59 we get back. Sold my 4 to envirofone for £270 . So new phone and £70 up . happy with that.

15. tendicott macrumors newbie

I spoke to someone in my local vodafone shop and they said they would only be getting in stock for preorders and they would not have any stock available for people to just turn up and buy on launch day.

16. original poster macrumors member

I ordered mine on Friday about 5pm and had the credit check email through around midnight same day.

I am collecting mine from the Reading store.

17. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I got a 64gb Black on upgrade from Voda, my tariff has changed and got the order number etc, not had a second 'confirmation email' yet but on the voda forums they said that this is normal until the stock hit their warehouse sometime later today or tomorrow.

18. leowyatt macrumors regular

I've gone for the £46 p/m 18 month contract with 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data. The 32Gb phone initially cost £139 but I've got £40 from quidco and the £59 from vodafone coming back so it works out at £40 :)

19. zign macrumors 6502

zign

I was actually upgrading my phone. Placed an upgrade order yesterday morning and got a confirmation email. However, up on checking my online vodafone account, it was still saying I am on my old tariff. Called up Vodafone about 10 minutes ago, and was informed that there must have been a mistake on the system, as the order was being set up as a new line rather than an upgrade. 5 minutes later I had a new upgrade order placed over the phone and I can already see my new tariff online. Have been told that the phone will be despatched on thursday and I should be able to pick it up from the Moorgate store on Friday. No need to queue as they will not be allowed to sell preorders and upgrades.

20. zepp85 thread starter macrumors member

21. moel macrumors 6502

Awesome nice to see we're not the only ones in the same boat re:credit check

So annoyed i'm in Leicester not Loughborough on Friday

22. tendicott macrumors newbie

Vodafone have removed the cashback promotion but they have also reduced the prices of the phone. For the tariff I went for the phone is now £30 cheaper then what I payed including the cashback.

23. leowyatt macrumors regular

phone doesn't seem to be cheaper to me :/ glad I ordered when I did.

24. tendicott macrumors newbie

I went for the 24 month £31 tariff. Before the phone cost was £259 - £59 cashback. Now the phone is just £169. What tariff are you on?

25. leowyatt macrumors regular

I'm on the 18 month £46 which is still £139....

Hang on are you looking at 16GB phones?