Ultral4me has been released

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CZK, Nov 28, 2010.

1. CZK, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Wow.... seriously... They should re-title this Ultra-Lame

Just curious, how much apple paid them to make (hundreds of) thousands of people void their warranty ? Not like people had the choice right now.

For those who do not understand. You need to update to a baseband made for the iPad in order to unlock. People from apple will see that the baseband is from another iDevice and will void your warranty. You can't reverse your baseband after that, your iphone will be marked for life.

Believe me apple will save a lot of money when people with iphones 3G and 3Gs with ipad's baseband will come crying to their stores.
    ________
    Dream e

2. jjm83 macrumors newbie

I agree... this unlock is ridiculous but I have to do it.... I dont understand how to use PT to just update that baseband.... im so lost

3. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well at least you are aware that you will void your warranty because its not reversible and apple will be looking for ipads baseband on iphones in order to save mass money.
    ________
    VACCINATIONS FORUMS

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I doubt this was any of Apple's doing.

If people want to void their warranty they will. Or you can just wait for another solution that isn't this drastic.

5. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Mom, I need some tinfoil!

Did you read up on this completely or is this a quick response to your displeasure?

6. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

Maybe Apple has nothing to do with this, this is a valid argument.

The fact:

Apple will save A LOT of money as (hundreds?) of thousands people will void their warranty as they do not have the choice ( unless you consider not using a 600 bucks iphone is an option).

Conclude whatever you want.
    ________
    OG KUSH PICTURES

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't see why you are complaining... that's the only way they have found to unlock the later models iPhones... If you don't like it you don't use it, if you need it you will use it. If you think is lame, then find your own exploit for the newer iPhone BB's...:eek: They tell you everything on the Blog, they are not hiding anything for the user so I don't agree w/ your hatetorade on the new ultrasn0w and your conspiracy theory. :cool:

8. labman, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

some people are simply never happy! :rolleyes: if you can come up with a better unlock I am sure people will love you for it! so far a Genus checking baseband has never been a big problem. many genus's over look if the phone was jailbroken. I wouldn't freak out yet!

9. SL4VE macrumors 6502

all 3G and some 3Gs are out of warranty anyways so who gives

10. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

Ever heard about out-of-warranty service and applecare service ?

Also there is still a lot of 3gs on their warranty plan

I don't even own an iphone 3g or 3gs. I just think its not moral to make people void their warranty, because they clearly have not the choice.

If they do that kind of S for the iphone 4 dont worry that i'll swap my iphone 4 for a nexus and never buy an apple product again. ( i am stuck with my iphone 4 32gb locked since 3 months, can only use it as an ipod)
    ________

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Considering I could have purchased a 3G as recent as 6 months ago, I really, really doubt they're all out of warranty. If you said "any phone sold more than two years ago is out of warranty" you'd be correct.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah it sucks but, those that really do need an unlock will gladly sacrifice their warranty (if they have one) to be able to use their device.

13. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Paying taxes and dying are the only things anyone on this planet HAS to do. There are other phones and other providers in the world beside the AT&T / Apple team.

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Ya it is not like the next update is gana be higher and fix this or anything. You know apple isn't gana patch the unlock or anything.

15. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

What ??
    ________
    MAZDA ROADPACER

16. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Read it with a Long Island accent.

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Those people made the choice to unlock their phones to use it on a non-approved Apple provider. No one forced them to forgo a contract with AT&T or the applicable mobile provider. If they're willing to take the risk, why are you questioning it?

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Easy, you don't like it then don't use it.
    They don't put all this time and effort to please you or anyone. Their tools are free of charge, take it or leave or better yet you come up with a better unlock and hook us all up.

19. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

I am questionning it because dev-team was stating for more than 2 months that they had the crash for the 4.1 3gs and 3g iphone's baseband and that ultrasn0w was ready for both of their baseband on 4.1.They were waiting for the 4.2 to come out before releasing it suposely to prevent apple patching it in 4.2 final. Now they came up with this ridiculous method which has nothing to do with current 3g and 3gs basebands and even nothing to do with 4.2 release.

I think they are not telling us everything.
    ________
    Celebrity

20. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Damn the Dev team and their talents!

So I suppose we will be expecting an unlock from you?

21. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

Why dev-team was saying 2 months ago that it was 100% ready to be released, that the new ultrasn0w would work with 05.14.02 and that they were simply waiting for iOS 4.2 to release the new ultrasn0w ? ( their current method has nothing to do with 4.2)
    Why dev-team said that ultrasn0w would be released 1-2 days after 4.2 release and it was 05.14.02 ready ?

I think there is something really strange here.

Instead of that they released a sketchy method which involve pretty complicated stuff that newbies will not understand and many peoples are not aware that they are voiding their warranty.
    ________
    DODGE RAZOR

22. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Well in order to unlock you need to jailbreak and jailbreaking voids our warranty as well. Is there no way to reverse the unlock after you install it?

23. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

Jailbreak is totally reversible and apple has no way to prove that your iphone has already been jailbroken.

Their method is basicly to install an ipad firmware on the iphone. This puts the ipad's baseband into the iphone. This baseband is saved on another chip in the iphone that cannot be downgraded. The iphone is mark to life with this baseband.

Problem number 1: When you'll bring you iphone to the store, they will check your baseband and you are royally F***ed. Bye bye warranty ( including out of warranty service and applecare service)

Problem 2: You will never be able to install an official firmware on your iphone again because of the ipad's baseband on your iphone.
    ________
    Medical marijuana seeds

24. TJone macrumors 6502a

I hope the black Friday sales are still in effect. I need to stock up on tinfoil too. I hope the dev team does not also make me upgrade my baseband. I bet this goes all the way to the top...
    [​IMG]

25. CZK, Nov 28, 2010

I am stating facts.
    ________
    MARCO POLO