Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
BTW, quoting another forum post hardly qualifies as proof straight from the Dev Team that they actually said what's in the post above. Things get lost in translation.

Also FWIW, I subscribe to MuscleNerd's twitter and nowhere do I see the tweet referenced above by the OP.

There is a musclenerd quote in the middle i dont know if you can actually read. The rest is interpretation of what he says.

Even edited with a picture.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Last edited:

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
There is a musclenerd quote in the middle i dont know if you can actually read. The rest is interpretation of what he says.

Even edited with a picture.

It's a little suspect that you conveniently edited out the username of the tweet directed @simplysaru...which in any case only mentions a working unlock for 4.2 and says nothing about how it's implemented. So you're still lacking the proof thelatinist asked for....

Anyway, I'll let thelatinist scrutinize your "evidence" since it was his request in the first place. To me at least, your evidence is sketch at best.

Why this is such a big deal to you is pretty ridiculous in the first place.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
It's a little suspect that you conveniently edited out the username of the tweet directed @simplysaru...which in any case only mentions a working unlock for 4.2 and says nothing about how it's implemented. So you're still lacking the proof thelatinist asked for....

Why this is such a big deal to you is pretty ridiculous in the first place.

Sureeeee

Now that i have proven that you are out of arguments arent you ?

Happy ? ( was not even MY edit, i took it on google)

Dev-Team to Release ultrasn0w Unlock for iOS 4.2 / 4.1 baseband 05.14.02 in November.

MuscleNerd posted a reply on his Twitter account in a reply to one of his followers, who asked him when the unlock for iOS 4.2 would come and in the reply MuscleNerd replied:

unlock_iPhone_3gs_3G_baseband_05_14_02.jpg

The iPhone Dev Team has confirmed the fact that the ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 3G/3GSon iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2 with the baseband of 05.14.02 will be released a day or two after the iOS 4.2 has gone live, so that it may be tested to see if it?s working.

Considering the fact that the baseband for the iPhone 4 is different from its predecessors, it will probably take some while for the devs to figure out an unlock for iOS 4.2 on the iPhone 4 with the baseband 2.10.04; as well as iOS 4.1.

This is my last post, everything has been said and i am the BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG WINNER
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W136 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Sureeeee

Now that i have proven that you are out of arguments arent you ?

Happy ? ( was not even MY edit, i took it on google)

unlock_iPhone_3gs_3G_baseband_05_14_02.jpg

Works for me. Like I said, I never asked for the proof, thelatinist did. Your proof still seems sketchy at best since all the tweet references is 4.2 and not the specific baseband, but my word/opinion doesn't carry any weight around here in the first place. TheLatinist on the other hand is a well respected contributor to this forum who has given lots of helpful JB info to a lot of people and since he's the one asking for proof I'll let him scrutinize.

You haven't proven me out of arguments since I didn't have any in the first place. My motivation for commenting was simply to decry leeches who complain about the functionality of free software. If you can prove you're not one of those contrary to your OP, then I guess I've lost the argument. I won't have a better or worse day because of it.

Good day sir.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
MuscleNerd said that the 3G and 3GS would be unlocked, and they have been. Someone else's forum post misinterpreting his tweet is not evidence that the Dev-Team ever made the claims you're attributing to them. They simply haven't done it.

As for sherif_hashim's tweets, they confirm only the very earliest stages of the process of creating an unlock. Nowhere did they say that they had "Ultrasn0w for 05.14 and they were even saying that it was ready to be released as soon as 4.2 would come out."

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
You are right. But my point is that they were advertising since 2 months a completely other thing. ( Ultrasn0w for 05.14 and they were even saying that it was ready to be released as soon as 4.2 would come out)

Instead of that they release Ultral4me

Even if they have been advertising for 2 months. So what? Did they release something that works? Yes. Did they advertise how the unlock works? No.

So why are you acting like an ass hole? As mentioned, they are just releasing something that works. User decide to use it or not. Learn how to appreciate others' work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.