Under Contract iPhone 4 users...it's getting close!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vladtheimpaler, Mar 7, 2011.

1. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Boooooooooo(insert typical ghost sounds here)

The iPhone 5 will be here soon. Which means soon......even if the iPhone 5 camera has one mp more than the 4....the phone will be BETTER THAN YOURS! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

People, just enjoy your phone and stop being childish and "hoping" the new phone falls into that 4.5 category so you can sleep at night. Stop trying to suggest "oh its not that much better" than the current generation to feel like you "win". Take a deep breath and enjoy your phone be it any generation. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

There is post after post with current contracted iPhone 4 users hoping, wishing, and praying that the new iPhone will "not be that great". So sad.

:D

2. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I'm a 3GS owner who is just now upgrade elegible. I'm very tempted by the iPhone 4 to upgrade but i've decided to wait till iPhone 5 comes out. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait more so then the lame iPad 2 updates that just were announced.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm a day zero owner and couldn't care less what the 5 has in it; I don't upgrade yearly.

4. naths macrumors 6502

lol...doesnt worry me iv got 15 employees,all with iphones,i think im due a upgrade every 4months or so so if i like the new one i'll get it,if not i wont...:cool:

5. err404, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

err404 macrumors 68020

I don't understand the disappointment with the iPad 2. Just like the 3GS, the iPad 2 is FAR faster and more capable then it's predecessor. It Also adds perhaps the most demanded feature: cameras. It's actually a very nice upgrade. I feel that the iPhone 4 did less to fundamentally change the experience of using an iPhone then the 3GS. Sure the RD screen was nice, but it consumes most of the extra CPU/GPU and despite looking cleaner, it does not change what or how things can be done on the device.
    Don't underestimate what a significant speed boost can do for a device. Simply adding a dual core CPU will cause the previous devices to quickly fall behind. Just look at the 3G; it felt almost unbearably slow 6 months after the 3GS came out, while a 3GS looks like it will be holding it's own until the 5 arrives.
    Even if the iPhone 5 is exactly the same as 4, but with an A5 CPU, I expect the 4 to feel slow by years end.

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm an iPhone 4 owner 9 months into ontract. In 3 months, I'll be an iPhone 5 owner 12 months into contract.

7. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Ditto

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. I purchased my iPhone 4 with the intention of it lasting for 2 years.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Double Ditto

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

I am looking forward to upgrading my iPhone 4 this year. I wish I had gotten more storage than 16 GB and decided it would be a good excuse to get an upgrade again this year. I held my original iPhone for almost 3 years though, skipping the 3G and the 3GS. The 4 was a nice upgrade.
    Of course if I am not impressed with the new iPhone this year I will probably await another year.

11. vladtheimpaler thread starter macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

U :mad:

:p

15 employees! Expand I say! Expand! :eek:

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I bought my 3GS about two months before the 4 came out (for various reasons). I'm going to pick up the next iPhone in June regardless, but I hope it has a few fixes.

13. jsoto macrumors regular

jsoto

Tripple Ditto!

14. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Just sell the ip4 and grab the new one. Or if iam lucky hopefully rogers will let me upgrade and the ip4 goes to the ipod touch/backup phone status.

On an unrelated note i just deleted all my themes and went to stock look with a whiter background. Absolutely wowed by how fresh and beautiful the stock look looks compared to those messy themes :)

15. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed, it's hilarious to see people undermining the next iPhone just because they got the iPhone 4.

Dual Core processor? That itself blows the iPhone 4 far away.

16. tritonj macrumors 6502a

a completely pointless thread, troll somewhere else

17. A2DY macrumors member

if people with the iP4 want to convince themselves the iP5 will be rubbish to make themselves feel better let them,

if people with a 3g/3GS want to make themselves feel smug that they can soon get the better phone let them,

end of the day the iP4 is and will be a excellent phone for a little while yet,

I have a iP4 and if the 5 comes out and is better then I will get it (will probably anyway as have 2 lines on 18 mth contracts that end at different times so easily in time for iP5 and iP6) but at the end of the day even if the iP5 is dual core and loads of extra features, it will take 6 months plus for dev's to make apps to run to its potential anyway, in which time most 2 year iP4's will be coming up for upgrade anyway,

18. vladtheimpaler thread starter macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

LOL! Right! I see it over and over in the forums. Same concept, new thread. Over and over again. It's like some people have tied their phone to their self esteem....LOL!

19. MauiGideon macrumors regular

agreed

20. hogwild284 macrumors newbie

Ok, lets ask the question this way. I have an upgrade coming the middle of April, I have never had an iphone but I am ready to pull the trigger and get one. Should I wait until the ip5 comes out or will I be satisfied with the ip4?

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I upgrade yearly so I hope the new iphone has alot of new features and the device keeps improving in both tech and software.
    I dont get the people that cant or dont want to upgrade and want the next iphone to be a slight update from their phone so they feel better still using their old phone. Doesnt make sense, be happy with what you have.
    Words to live by;)

22. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I would wait the 2 1/2 - 3 months until the new phone (Hopefully) comes out. At least you will have the choice to have the newer phone for the same price you would pay for the iPhone 4 in April.

23. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've been eligible for an upgrade since the iPhone 4 launch. I wish I bought one back then because they are so nice, but I might as well wait now.

Reasonable features I want to see and expect from Apple is a dual core A5 and an 8 mp camera.

24. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I can't measure your satisfaction.
    But my advice would be wait, and you won't be disappointed.

25. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Thumbs up here...doesnt make sense to me either