Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
I am still trying to figure out what the basis of the lawsuit would be? There is no guarantee that there will be a new iPhone every September, all Apple promises is that after 12 payments on iUP you are eligible to trade your phone in for a new one. Which you are, if you made 12 payments you can go to Apple and upgrade to a newer iPhone 11.

I'm with you.

Who in their right mind would invest the time + energy into challenging the terms of the upgrade program? If you're part of this type of financing, then you've agreed to terms laid out by Apple. I haven't looked at the details, but I doubt there is any language that would guarantee the availability of future unannounced iPhones to members.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I would hope that Apple will still allow the program to happen even if they don't launch until December.
If it gets far enough into Dec, you could already be to 16 payments. By then you are probably better off paying it off and doing a regular trade in.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Are people on iUP a significant percentage of the customer base or are they a small percentage? I’m guessing it’s the latter and doubt Apple will mind that these users will upgrade a few weeks later. I can’t really see the issue personally.

Reactions: MrKennedy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t use IUP, nor will I. I don’t like making payments on a smart phone, not for some thing unless it’s a high dollar item. I understand that smart phones are expensive today, but by no means do I need to rely on an upgrade system to make a $70 payment on a ‘smartphone’. I just don’t see the trade-off or value, especially when I’d rather own my smart phone, rather than my smart phone own me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.