Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
im using the Safari one, is that separate one? Im drawing a blank here, cause the Safari one also lives in the menu bar :D
AdGuard for Mac is standalone app and can block ads in other browsers and apps.
It is especially useful if you need filters for multiply languages and you use more than one browser.
In that case standalone AG for Mac will work faster and consume less RAM/CPU/Battery.
Meanwhile AG for Safari basically creates separate extensions for each language filter and you need to install it for each browser.

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
Thank you for the information! I'm eager to run this on my M1Air, but the AdGuard Installer requires Rosetta. Holding off for now.

-KM
I'm not sure about installer, but AG for Mac itself works natively.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-16 um 18.42.24.png

KayEm6419

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2020
When I try to download the Installer (following the instructions on AdGuard.com) a dialogue box appears reading:

To open "AdGuard", you need to install Rosetta. Do you want to install it now?

(The new version 2.6.0 of AdGuard for Mac is indeed fully optimized to run on Apple Silicon, according to the site.)

Edit to Add: AdGuard Support replied promptly to my email query. The Installer is now updated to Silicon, downloadable at AdGuard.com. I tried this, and can verify. Yay!

Last edited:
Reactions: vanasian

chumps

Cancelled
Sep 2, 2020
I just gave Resilio Sync another spin and noticed it is a Universal binary. Took a while to figure out the configuration w/ my two Macs connected via Thunderbolt bridge but now it's incredibly fast, at times peaking over 1 GB/s. I very much prefer it over SyncThing which was extremely flaky.

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2021
Aren't Spotify and Clean My Mac X also fully supported by now? I would update the wiki but maybe there is a reason it hasn't been listed yet?
Both are native/universal.
I had a friend with a M1 air, who hasn't updated the Spotify app. I told her how, she updated, and voila, Apple Silicon.
Spotify has a odd way of updating, which is not great for non power users.

Paapaa

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
My friend is considering jumping to M1 bandwagon. How is the M1 support currently for these apps:

• Zoom
  • Teams
  • Slack
They don't need to be native, but are they mostly usable?

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
My friend is considering jumping to M1 bandwagon. How is the M1 support currently for these apps:

• Zoom
  • Teams
  • Slack
They don't need to be native, but are they mostly usable?
Skype and teams are the only one in that list that’s not m1 native/universal.

But…. It’s only 1 year left until the mist and Microsoft have promised us that they will optimize it soon

Paapaa

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Skype and teams are the only one in that list that’s not m1 native/universal.

But…. It’s only 1 year left until the mist and Microsoft have promised us that they will optimize it soon

But all the apps on my list still works just fine despite not being native?

DC41

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2021
Both are native/universal.
I had a friend with a M1 air, who hasn't updated the Spotify app. I told her how, she updated, and voila, Apple Silicon.
Spotify has a odd way of updating, which is not great for non power users.
How do you update Spotify. The version I downloaded from their site shows as an iOS app. Is that what you’re referring to?

Thanks!

tarjan

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
Teams works, but it is extremely inefficient. In 2 hours I went from full to <20% on an m1 max 16" for single conference call. Others who are running it are seeing similar results.

Highly recommended you work with your IT people and have them reach out to their TAMs at microsoft to upgrade the priority.

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
Teams works, but it is extremely inefficient. In 2 hours I went from full to <20% on an m1 max 16" for single conference call. Others who are running it are seeing similar results.

Highly recommended you work with your IT people and have them reach out to their TAMs at microsoft to upgrade the priority.
I do hate teams

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
I do hate teams
Same but I need to use it. Heard Microsoft months ago saying they will improve their app memory usage etc. But seems like it's still the same lol.

Im seriously considering using Teams on my Native ARM Chrome lol. Anyone knows the disadvantages using chrome instead of the app? It's prob more energy efficient to do calls using chrome one and use the app just as a backup and for checking things.. But idk

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2019
Same but I need to use it. Heard Microsoft months ago saying they will improve their app memory usage etc. But seems like it's still the same lol.

Im seriously considering using Teams on my Native ARM Chrome lol. Anyone knows the disadvantages using chrome instead of the app? It's prob more energy efficient to do calls using chrome one and use the app just as a backup and for checking things.. But idk
I also waiting for the m1 native teams and OneDrive but it do seem that it will never get here

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
I also waiting for the m1 native teams and OneDrive but it do seem that it will never get here
Yep. It's really awful lol. Teams even on Intel machines run slow AF and buggy sometimes. And the thing I hate so much is how it uses so much ram after using it and it seems like it doesn't release the unused memory back. So I usually close it and reopen it to run it in the background after a day of using it so it doesn't waste my precious ram running in the background ?

ADGrant

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2018

Can the iPad version of Teams be installed on an M1 Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.