Universal Clipboard only working one way

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by JonD25, Sep 30, 2016.

1. JonD25 macrumors 6502

I can't seem to get universal clipboard working reliably. If I try and copy something from Notes on my iMac and paste into a different app on my iPhone, it pauses briefly like it's thinking, then nothing happens. If I try again, it only pastes what my iPhone last copied. But, if I copy something from my iPhone and then try and paste on my Mac, it works fine. What's going on?

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I have found that if I have done a copy on my Mac then I can't do a universal paste onto it. It always pastes what was copied on that Mac. If I have rebooted my mac and try the paste then it works (I did the reboot to test this specifically).
    Certainly needs some work. for me, to be reliable. Like a paste and universal paste option

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Same issue. I copy on my iPhone, and can paste it on iPad. Then I copy on my iPad, and what I had copied on my iPhone previously is what gets pasted on the iPhone, not the latest thing copied on the iPad.

4. freepomme macrumors 6502a

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I had the same issue up until today. I installed the latest beta of Sierra 10.12.1 and iOS 10.1 and VOILA it started working both ways. I didn't do anything different.

6. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

I'm having the same issues with my SE and rMBP. Sounds like 10.1 might fix it? Crossing my fingers...

7. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

UNIVERSAL CLIPBOARD IS BUGGY AS HELL!

There are a lot of users with this problem, check here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/51afxn/universal_clipboard_not_working/
    I have tested everything written in that post on Reddit and the thing just refuses to work as advertised.
    Back to my Mac: Check (stupid as hell that this has to be turned on? It is a just a security problem to deal with if you don't need it).
    Bluetooth and WiFi: Check
    iPhone showing under WiFi connections: Check
    Handoff: Check
    iPhone and Mac paired via bluetooth: Check
    Seems like a buggy as hell function Apple rushed out from beta into the wild.
    For me the stupid thing just work one way: From the iPhone to the Mac. And there is a stupid small delay every time you are going to paste something on the Mac anyway.
    From the Mac to the iPhone it has just worked one or two times. When you tap on paste you just get this super annoying delay of almost 10 seconds and the action fails miserably. When you try again the iPhone just pastes the previous local clipboard content available but not the content from copied from the Mac.
    Is is a pity seeing how lately Apple just rushes things out with terrible quality control into the users. The "just works" slogan is just a joke painted in our faces these days.
    I am on an iPhone 7 Plus and a Retina MBP 2015 both with the latest OS updates.

8. Menopause macrumors 6502a

Menopause

9. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

10. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

10.1 and 10.12.1 didn't fix it for me, either.

11. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

Still the same here too. Works ok from iPhone to Mac, doesn't work from Mac to iPhone :/

12. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

13. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

Agree. Everyone here has to post feedback to get this fixed

14. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Just installed iOS 10.1.1 last night, still not fixed. Here's hoping for iOS 10.2!

15. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

16. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

I don't even aware of this feature cause it never works for me.

17. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

18. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

This still sucks.
    It was one of the best features introduced with Sierra and iOS 10 and it is frustrating that it is still working only one way, in my case from the iPhone --> Mac. And the stupid delay is also annoying.
    Shame.

19. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

20. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

I don't know of any way to turn this off. Maybe turning off Handoff? But it will disable all the other handoff functions