Unlocked iPhones, T-Mobile running on AT&T Network today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SPNarwhal, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I have an unlocked iPhone, and on the top left it always says T-Mobile.
    I pulled out my phone to check a text earlier today, and on the top left, it said AT&T and showed the AT&T logo next to it.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Could this have anything to do with the merger? Maybe they're testing network compatibility or something? I don't know.
    I just got home a little while ago and there's no news about this. It didn't happen for very long. It happened for about 2 minutes or so and then it went back to T-Mobile.

What do you guys think

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Merger is not even approved yet.
    They're not doing any testing yet, its way too soon for any of that.
    Probably just a glitch or something.

3. mz100 macrumors regular

you were probobly roaming on t-Mobiles network for a breif period of time.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

it showed the AT&T logo?

that's a glitch for sure then because even if you roam on AT&T, there won't be a logo.

6. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

are you sure? because when I went to Niagara falls (canada side) when I was roaming Rogers it said ROGERS not AT&T on the status bar.

7. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Not true. When I go to the U.S. I always connect to AT&T and it has the carrier logo. I don't understand why people post answers when they don't even know the correct answer. That's just pure guessing and it's incorrect.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

oh ya? and i don't understand why people post answers when they don't even read the entire post. (directed to iApples)

read his post again

the only thing i can think of is when people add this logo (below) beside the letters 'AT&T' (during jailbreak)

[​IMG]

when you roam on AT&T, it just says AT&T (sometimes ATT from my experience).

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Like I said in my post. Every time I've been to the U.S. (I travel there about every two weeks) I always see AT&T and the carrier logo. I'm going there next weekend and I'll take a screenshot if I remember.

11. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

are you jailbroken?

and i go to the US very often and i have not ONCE had the AT&T logo on my screen. it's actually not even in the OS itself.

12. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Yeah my device is jailbroken. I have never edited the carrier settings at all in any ways and I don't use themes. (I use to but stopped using them.) I have a few tweaks like lock info and things like that. Nothing that I could see would make the icon appear. Strange though. I get it every time.

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

well sorry to break it to you, but that icon simply isn't anywhere in the OS itself. so it was added somehow, someway, in one of the apps you've installed from cydia.

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If you are roaming on another network, it should say the carrier name (AT&T), not display a picture of its logo.

15. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Seems like the most logical explanation.