Unreleased iPad Mini With Redesigned Cellular Antenna Appears in Photos

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

The MacBook Air was made redundant, the MacBook pro was butchered and pricehiked, the Mac Pro is still MIA, the iMac is old and neglected, the iMac pro has its laundry list of non-upgradable shortcomings, and the iPad mini is going on 4 years of neglect, with the only hope in sight being a prototype of questionable vintage with a underpowered old budget chipset and rumors of a cheap display.

But we got faster chips in the iPhone! ...whose production has been slashed, amid sales not being reported and the stock falling to bargain basement valuation.

Great time to be an Apple fan, they’ve got nowhere to go but up.
    “Apples product pipeline has never been better!”
    Ok swell, but would someone open the valve on that pipe already?

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

I really hope the iPad mini is just upgraded to specks of the9.7" iPad. If not then just kill the device already.

3. BlankSlate macrumors regular

This is the Apple device I’m most looking forward to in 2019. I just hope it’s a proper update to the mini 4, and not the "iPad mini 4s" budget device Kuo hinted at. The guy is rarely wrong though.

4. applefan9215 macrumors newbie

I hope so. Or even better yet, throw in an A11 since that had a huge performance boost over the A10.

I wish the iPad mini carried over almost everything from the 10.5 Pro with the exception of the processor. Sadly, it doesn't look like it. The A10X would not be a good fit due to the iPad mini's thermals. In that case, throw in an A11. I also don't know how feasible a smart keyboard would be for an iPad of this size.