Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
Are you kidding me?

Either trolling or being sarcastic. I will admit they are comfortable headphones, but no way in hell are they the best on the market. Wouldn't even crack my TOP 10 list.

I'll admit I had to buy 2 pairs but once I got one that was legit I couldn't ask for more.

The first two were defective with 1 speaker going out.

Is there quality control bad? Seems like it. But if you find one that is the way they are meant to be made, they are the best.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
The new earpods are awesome. The bass is much more noticeable and the overall sound has improved. I love them, these fit my ears a lot better than the old ones and I love the clean and minimal design. Very sleek and elegant. I may be one in a few but I absolutely enjoy listening to music with them on.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
You must be kidding me.

Ok people I'm going to say this Once and only once.

Beats headphones are the best on the market. Beats by Dre my friends.

Quality, comfort, bass - they simply do not get better.

If you don't have beats headphones, you haven't listened to music.

You havent tried many brands of headphones huh?

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
Are you guys mad? Not only are they much better than the original earphones but they come free with the phone. Look at all the other cheap earphones that come with other phones. You're an idiot if you're comparing these to expensive headphones though. However, someone bought me $50 zagg earphones the other day and they sound like trash compared to apple's earpods.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Havent tried them out yet.

Actually I think theyre pretty ugly. I see them more like a bonus that came with the phone.

ktmelvis

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2012
The Enchanted Forest
You may want to goto the app store and check out EQu, is a graphic equilizer app, I bought it and it did make my gen 1 and 2 earbuds sound much better, the app is not the complete fix for cheap earbuds, but I was able to clean up the sound to my liking, and if you have high quality earbuds, this app would defiantly make a nice difference especially if you want to get away from the sound presets, to myself, the presents are always missing the sound Im looking for, aleast this way I can customize.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Always go with a brand that specializes in making quality speakers or headphones. They usually will always produce better sounding products.

I use Klipsch S4i's... They have a pretty good noise canceling and great sound... They are usually discounted pretty nicely when bought online. Only downside is the mic location and the cord is a little too short.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll admit I had to buy 2 pairs but once I got one that was legit I couldn't ask for more.

The first two were defective with 1 speaker going out.

Is there quality control bad? Seems like it. But if you find one that is the way they are meant to be made, they are the best.

Are you talking about Beats by Dre Ear Buds??

I am SUPER picky when it comes to sound/speaker quality from selling home theater systems for four years while I was in College. I tried the Beats Pro over ear headphones ($400)... they sounded great but they were way too heavy and the ear cups were too small, I even have small ears. Because of the weight and ear cup size, My ears started to hurt within 30-45 minutes of use. I never tried the Beats Earbuds.

CNET picks the Klipsch S4 Family (Image S4, S4i, S4A) as the best earbuds value. Beats ear buds don't even make the list, which is why I never tried them.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
You must be kidding me.

"Best on the market"? Not even close. You obviously haven't used Westones, Shures, UE, Sennheiser, Grado, Etymotics, Beyerdynamics, or JH.

There's a reason why Beats and Bose headphones are mostly disliked on the Head-Fi headphone forums, and it's not because of their looks. Their sound sucks, and there are plenty of affordable alternatives (and even cheaper ones) that sound better than Beats phones.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
You must be kidding me.

LOL, someone suckered in by the marketing.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
LOL, someone suckered in by the marketing.

15417894.jpg

:D

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
mine are still in the box, i guess i should leave them there.....

Some people really prefer their bass heavy profile. And their not as crappy as some headphones on the market. But the real issue is that their quality doesn't match their price point. They are WAY overpriced for what you are actually getting.

So if you really love their sound and don't mind overpaying.....go ahead and get them. But don't kid yourself thinking they are of the same quality as Shure, UE, Sennheiser, Etymotics, or any of the other top rated headphones others have listed. They are obviously targeting (exploiting?) a certain profile of buyer. ;)

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Some people do seem obsessed with bass. Call my crazy, but I try to get my music sounding like the artist intended not all artificially boomy.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Dude seriously? The beats headphones from the HTC rezound are amazing! Nothing beat's them, nothing. You put them on and I guarantee you will never go back to whatever you have now.

If this was sarcasm, then thanks for the laugh. If not, you really need to try other headphones before making statements like that. I have a pair of JH Audio JH5 Pros which are custom IEMs molded to fit my ears. Now, they are low end custom IEMs but there is a night and day difference between them and any other non-custom IEM. I also have a pair of Audio Technica M50s that give much more accurate and true sound reproduction than any Beats over-the-ear headphones.

Can't build a house without a foundation. Bass is the most important part of music that has it. That's the way music works.

Have you ever been to a concert? Every single live mix in the history of concerts balances every instrument. If bass were the most important part of music, the kick drum and bass guitar would drown out everything else and the mix would sound like crap. Same thing for studio recordings. Every instrument is balanced out so that it fits well into the recording. THAT'S the way music works.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
LOL, I can guarantee that the people here who are touting Beats headphones as the best thing since sliced bread have never heard of at least half of the other brands being mentioned here, let alone used them.

The Apple earpods are an improvement on the old earbuds, but crap is still crap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.