Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Has anyone's FAN discount kicked in after being setup?

I'm not trolling first of all, because I have posted here before. Your FAN will remain intact. When I had AT&T (now I'm on straight talk) my FAN was not removed and I was able to keep my discount plus unlimited data. So you should be ok.

russurquhart1

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2006
Justed made the jump from 2g to 4s

Hi,

I had understood that those of us who bought the 2g phones would have our plans grandfathered in if we bought a new phone.

My wife bought me a new 4s, and i activated it from the Apple store. They assured me that my plan would carry over.

I got a notification of my bill. I have a question. I had had the $20 unlimited data and text messaging. NOW, it seems i still have the $20 unlimited text messaging, i now have a $30 unlimited data. Is this right? Is this what should have happened? Should i have been able to continue to get $20 unlimited text AND data?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ

PPFee

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
Hi,

I had understood that those of us who bought the 2g phones would have our plans grandfathered in if we bought a new phone.

My wife bought me a new 4s, and i activated it from the Apple store. They assured me that my plan would carry over.

I got a notification of my bill. I have a question. I had had the $20 unlimited data and text messaging. NOW, it seems i still have the $20 unlimited text messaging, i now have a $30 unlimited data. Is this right? Is this what should have happened? Should i have been able to continue to get $20 unlimited text AND data?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ

Thats exactly what should have happened, you get to keep "unlimited" data or a plan thats called unlimited with a 3gb cap before throttling. The 20 a month was for unlimited 2G data, it has always costed 30 for the unlimited 3g data.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ

No, you will be switched to the $30 unlimited data but that doesnt include texts.

PPFee

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
No, you will be switched to the $30 unlimited data but that doesnt include texts.

My old friend AJ'ed. He did say he was already switched to the 30 plan and previously had and retained the unlimited text, he was just thinking he should possibly be getting the data for 20 if i understand right. hope you've been well, can't believe all we went thru to get this unltd data only to be capped/throttled.:mad:

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ
Just as a reminder. The original $20 iPhone Unlimted Data Plan was unlimited data and 50 SMS Txt messages per month. When you upgraded to your new iPhone 4S, you were forced to move to compatible $30 iPhone Unlimited Data Plan which includes no SMS Txt messages. This was true for an upgrade from the original iPhone to the iPhone 3G or later devices. They all require the more expensive $30 Unlimited Data plan or you can chose one of the cheaper tiered choices if you did not want to keep you grandfathered Unlimited Data option.

Since the $20 Unlimited SMS Txt plan did not change, you will continue to get Unlimited SMS Txt package for $20 on any iPhone with no change in the pricing.

Dave

deonlee1

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
I'm not trolling first of all, because I have posted here before. Your FAN will remain intact. When I had AT&T (now I'm on straight talk) my FAN was not removed and I was able to keep my discount plus unlimited data. So you should be ok.

Ieant from being setup from people here like lordofreef, I didn't have one and I read that he was setting it up for people

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2010
does this still works ? i actually have a iphone 2g i want to use on one of my lines for few weeks

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
UGH why are you people resurrecting this thread????? WHY????

If you people would read through the thread you would know AT&T closed this in Nov. 2011.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2010
They cant read or too lazy to read a few posts I guess:D

no i didn't see the answer , i am still looking for it ... i see people saying its closed .. but what if i need to use 2G for now (i wanna sell my 4S and use 2G for a month) , what happens if i put my 2G sim in another iPhone 4s in a month? will they force a 3GB plan on me ?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
no i didn't see the answer , i am still looking for it ... i see people saying its closed .. but what if i need to use 2G for now (i wanna sell my 4S and use 2G for a month) , what happens if i put my 2G sim in another iPhone 4s in a month? will they force a 3GB plan on me ?

Yes, like I answered on your other thread you can only pick what available data plans they have now.
You cannot activate any unlimited data plans any longer.
What plan do you have on your 4S right now? If you stick your 4S sim in the 2G you will be able to keep the same data plan.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009

Your SOL so DEAL WITH IT!!! Have a good night!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.