Unsurprisingly, Apple Will Not Release the iPad 3 at Macworld|iWorld

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LoopInsight's Jim Dalrymple weighs in on the questionable rumor that Apple would introduce the iPad 3 at the 2012 Macworld|iWorld conference in January. Dalrymple says plainly:
    He also goes on to say that Apple won't be releasing a new TV during each of those shows either. Dalrymple's information has been shown to be reliable in the past.

As we noted in the earlier article, Apple officially withdrew from Macworld in 2008, citing the diminishing importance of trade shows in their business. Digitimes' claim that Apple would again play a part in the show was met with pretty universal skepticism.

Article Link: Unsurprisingly, Apple Will Not Release the iPad 3 at Macworld|iWorld

2. cvaldes macrumors 68040

Gee, what a surprise.

Apple got out the tradeshow rat race so A.) they wouldn't have to share the limelight with anyone else, and B.) they would have complete control over the timing, content, invitees, and venue of their announcements.

The original rumor made absolutely zero sense whatsoever.

3. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Duh...

Did anyone really think they would announce it there? They made it pretty clear they weren't going to be held to a fixed announcement schedule by a third party event.

4. cvaldes macrumors 68040

Yes, Appell Petroleum is going to be furious when they see their name spelled wrong.

:D

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Digitimes exclusive:

Apple will reveal iPad 3 at event staged entirely by themselves, at some point.

6. axual macrumors regular

Trade shows unimportant

These types of trade shows are just not that important for Apple considering they can command enough of an audience to do their own and at the Apple Campus or venue close to Cupertino; plus, they are horribly expensive.

I think it's far better use of funds to spend those $ on R&D (or dividends ... hint hint) than on trade shows by far.

Can't wait to see the new campus auditorium.

7. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

Well duh. Can we move onto the next rumor now? Lol.

Seriously. I'm not expecting the iPad until it comes out. And if Apple's track record is any indication, thats around March/April. But that is about all I will assume. Everything else is just blabbity blah blah blog filler. :p

8. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

How's that 55% accuracy track record doing? :rolleyes:

No surprises here.

9. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I checked my sources before this article came out that they said exactly the same thing.

My sources were my own brain cells.....:D

Tony

10. Kid A macrumors regular

Breaking news: Also, unsurprisingly, Apple will not be announcing/releasing the iPad 3 in a private ceremony in my backyard on my birthday.

Nor will they announce it in your friend's parent's basement during that party they're throwing for New Year's Eve.

Also, Tim Cook will not be making the announcement in the nude.

~Source: unnamed macrumors forum analyst.

^^^ Get these rumors up on Page 1, pronto!

11. bigcat318 macrumors 6502

For whatever reason I'm more interested in when the next Apple TV will be announced. It has no schedule.

12. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

Reliable source leaks to the contrary of the rumor are a screw-job to the shows since it is clearly obvious they were hoping to spike attendance on the basis Apple would not release info on their intentions either way. Oops.

Bye.

Rocketman

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Any mention of Apple at CES means whoever wrote it pulled it out of their arse.

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Not that I disagree with the story but what is Dalrymple's track record when it comes to rumours? Should we take what he says with much merit?

15. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

WOW! Glad we got that cleared up!! :rolleyes:

Hey guess what apple will be releasing it at their own planned event and you will receive the invite a week prior. Quote me on that!

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

[ devils advocate ]

What if Jim Dalrymple is being paid off by Apple ?

[ / state of delusions ]

17. Fazzy macrumors 6502

In other news, water is wet?:roll eyes:
    But seriously, why would apple release a product at an event they don't even ATTEND anymore?

18. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

DigiTimes? LOL
    LIKE ANYTHING THEY SAY HAS EVER BEEN ACCURATE!

19. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Well, obviousness is relative, but I think there was very little doubt in anyone's mind (who follows Apple) that this was false...

20. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Well that was as obvious as an alcoholic with a hangover.

21. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

MS just announced that they'll be pulling out of the CES next year. Given that, I can't imagine Apple jumping back into MacWorld. Trade shows were important to MS and Apple once upon a time, but apparently no longer.

22. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

Maybe not nude, but I heard Tim Cook will release it whilst riding a dolphin. Could you please verify with your sources??

23. seamer macrumors 6502

seamer

I don't know where. I don't know when. Something awesome is going to happen.

----------

Alcoholics don't get hangovers. Am I missing something here?:confused:

24. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Excited to see the iPad 3, but I don't know If I'll ever get used to Tim Cook on stage instead of Steve Jobs..

25. Kid A macrumors regular

The dolphin WILL be nude.
    It will be announced on Valentine's day.
    It will be available in two colors: pink or red.
    And rather than "iPad 3", it will be called "iPad <3".
    :cool: