Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak for Windows - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Maverick1337, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

According to redsn0w_testers' twitter:

"Since Apple still serves the 4.1 IPSW (not blobs!), we'll do a Windows redsn0w release for untethered 4.2.1 via Monte-4.1."

So rejoice windows users!

2. Shivek macrumors member

When he said 'not blobs', does that mean we don't need 4.1 blobs? Only IPSW will be enough?

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not you still need SHSHs blobs, what he means is that Apple is still hosting the firmware on the server NOT the blobs.

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

5. Maverick1337 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I wouldn't doubt it to be honest.

6. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

They're still testing some things... They need some more months, when iOS 6 comes out they can explore their exploit (one of the three [geohot, dev-team and chronic-team]).

We're almost there!

7. Maverick1337 thread starter macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I'm still bothered by the fact that their exploit for 4.0 was suppose to last until a new bootrom was released for the iPhone 4.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What do you mean by "WAS".... the exploit IS there on every single phone that is being currently sold. No bootroom update have been issue as of yet. You can go right now, get an iPhone and exploit it, the bootroom exploit allow the user escalation, however to Keep the user as root you need a secondary exploit that is the one that keep getting fix by iOS updates, that's where the whole tethered/untethered issue comes from.

9. TJone macrumors 6502a

I am still hopeful they hold off until 4.3 since it seems like it will be out very soon and I would rather upgrade to the current FW if possible.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

your a funny guy! :rolleyes:

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm very happy on my 4.1 jb, but I am hopeful that this will be out there soon. This may be the longest I've stayed at an iPhone release!

12. CZK, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Sure.

Dev-Team has a funny definition of *soon*

I do not doubt a second that they have only good intentions, but they simply can't deliver. In my opinion they should let this to p0sixninja and chronic dev's tool aka greenpois0n and Geohot ( if he is still in the game) since they proved they can do something else than twitting.

Poor dev team... sinking..

Gogo maturola number 1 dev team fan.

Ps: Im not a geohot fan, im a fan of whoever can delivers aka chronic and geohot ( dev team didnt do ***** for almost years now, they are no more in the game)

and NO i dont consider that releasing ''Insert a huge ammount'' versions of redsn0w that doesnt work is a good thing. Dont bug me saying that dev team is offering support while geohot does not.
    You might need support to understand how to use one of the ''Insert a huge ammount'' versions of redsn0w since there are so many doing so little.

Limera1n is plug and play who needs support !?

e/ to all those that will comment this, post your opinion too, not only BS about how mine is crap.

13. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thread spirals out of control in 3....2.....1....

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thanks to CZK the drama queen:D

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Yep, every one of these threads turns into a Dev Team vs. Geohot pissing contest. It's ridiculous.

16. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I am poised... I don't believe 4.3 is going to raise any eyebrows, so bring on the 4.2.1 untether!

17. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It's funny it take me back to my high School days and dealing with Cheerleaders :D:D:D

anyways.... to those worry about the 4.3 release, this is totally unrelated and parallel work, since this is just reusing old exploits that have been already ported to 4.1 hashes, they just need to package it and test it and it will be release regardless of what is happening to the work on 4.3 beta.

18. CZK macrumors 6502a

Np, just wanted to make sure that everyone correctly understand how dev-team is bad.

Thanks

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree, on the cheerleader part:D The more you ignore them the more they come after you seeking attention.
    And yes, there's no need to hold anything back or wait for 4.3 cause all exploits and work reveals nothing new to Apple. Just recycling;)
    Gotta love it, looking forward.

Hey thanks for your valuable input again bro:D

20. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Please excuse the analogy, was just watching daily show clips pointing out instances of the word on fox news after one of the reporters said she has never seen one comparison with it despite watching it every day...

"I'm not calling them Nazis, I'm just saying they look/smell/taste/feel/sound JUST like, and therefore are, Nazis."

21. TJone macrumors 6502a

Interesting - now I understand. I am looking forward to upgrading from 4.1 to 4.21 or 4.3 especially since I plan on getting :apple: TV soon.

22. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

no where does that tweet talk about timing..did i miss something? could be soon, could be a long ways

23. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah, they didn't say any time frame, (there is always "some" people that want to create drama and be able to cry about something), but as I said before it is just matter of package it and make sure it doesn't create any issues (testing it), it shouldn't be long unless some issues show up, we all know they don't release half done broken tool like "other" developers out there :D:D:D

24. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Bold statements, but 100% spot-on accuracy on all accounts.

Jailbreakers are moving to Android faster than ever.