Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I like how the arguments are: "Android is going to take more marketshare than Apple, wait and see!"

Uh.. no ****. 500 phones are going to outsell 1. Shocker.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I agree.
I was talking about a few other crybabies that just ruin every discussion thread about JB in general with their whining.
It will be out when its ready, nagging about it and talking trash about them wont make it come any faster. ;)

Well it looks like there won't be a legitimate 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak.

@p0sixninja: "Sorry, We've been "wasting" our time for research for 4.3 rather then development. Awesome things coming in RC5 though!!

As a lot of people guessed, they are waiting for 4.3. It's no surprise though since it's due out after the Verizon iPhone so all iDevices can be on the same firmware.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Well, I guess the good news is that there will be a plethora of jailbreaks for 4.3 and they should come out rather quickly after release.

barachus

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Well, I guess the good news is that there will be a plethora of jailbreaks for 4.3 and they should come out rather quickly after release.
Lol and how did you figure this? We will probably be sitting in here weeks after the release talking about saving it for 4.3.1

Shivek

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2010
Lol and how did you figure this? We will probably be sitting in here weeks after the release talking about saving it for 4.3.1
True. It's really disappointing, but I kind of expected this from GP team. Hopefully, dev-team or Geohot comes with a jb for 4.3 as soon as it releases cause we surely as hell know that the GP team is not capable of a release... until someone has done the exact same thing.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008

Exactly. 4.3 will come out and the Dev-Team will have spout about how everything is going great and a JB will come out soon, they just need "to do a little more testing." Then a few weeks go by and they'll say "oh were just going to wait for 4.4 so we don't waste an exploit. Rinse and repeat until the iPhone 5 gets announced. I may be forgetting the constant bickering and "fighting" (can you call it fighting for nerd raging on twitter?) on twitter, which will soak up another week or 2. Yeah that all seems about right.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
True. It's really disappointing, but I kind of expected this from GP team. Hopefully, dev-team or Geohot comes with a jb for 4.3 as soon as it releases cause we surely as hell know that the GP team is not capable of a release... until someone has done the exact same thing.

Geohot has bigger issues to deal with these days but I hope he wins quickly. I am just grateful there are smart people working on JB's. Nobody is obligated to make them and I am just happy they do.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Np, just wanted to make sure that everyone correctly understand how dev-team is bad.
Thanks

No, your ego just wants to be heard, in any context possible. If Dev-Team really doesn't do squat like you say, then why are they "bad"? Since a stranger in a different country does nothing for you that implies that they are bad?...psycho. If someone does nothing for someone they don't need to care for, that's not bad...its life.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Argument rendered useless because the jailbreak isn't 100% working. It's a beta and redsn0w has asked people NOT to use it, only for testing purposes.

that is still lot more than what GeoHot is offering, so a perfectly good argument.

This statement is actually completely useless. We are arguing about jailbreaking and you brought up unlocking. Geohot doesn't unlock, he jailbreaks. Do people seriously know how to argue these days? I mean come on. Think before you guys speak, it makes you look wiser and less immature.

Well, you are wrong and not really sure why you feel the need to argue something that you have no idea, and you should take your own advice and learn and research before you demises someone else agrument. GeoHot does works on Unlocks, he was the one who originally unlocked the iphone for the very first time and he contributed to others releases, he always work on the unlocked but never delivers since other team do a better job packaging and testing.

The whole point of bringing the unlock to the argument is to show how not only other Team deliver JB tools but they also work on other projects as unlocking and application.

Well spoken sir.

As President of the Fan club you should be aware of his unlocking capabilities and previous work, very bad indeed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.