Upcoming Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Drama 'See' Reported to Cost $15 Million Per Episode

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 12, 2019.

1. cmaier Suspended

You haven’t even seen one episode of the show. Are you psychic or something?

2. Peter_M macrumors regular

I was a bit tongue in cheek there, but just look at the synopsis. This type of plot has already been done to death by dozens and dozens of TV-series from Netflix, HBO Nordic and the like. There are so many fascinating sci-fi stories that could be told, but most stories these days are about a bunch of people running back and forth in some post-apocalyptic world (with or without zombies), because of some deadly (zombie-)virus. It's lazy, dumb and unimaginative writing IMO.

3. cmaier Suspended

Again, you have no idea if the writing is lazy, dumb or unimaginative. You haven’t seen the show. You are judging it from the synopsis. Figuratively judging the book by its cover.

4. bn-7bc macrumors regular

bn-7bc

You might but I don't we have enugh global warming/climate change evrywhere else, but hey people ar different.

5. Mike MA macrumors 68020

Mike MA

This was said about every product when Apple entered a new segment.

6. buststyles macrumors member

buststyles

I have not read all the messages yet so if this has been already said....

But Netflix started out as online blockbuster. A tech company playing a logistics company that then broke into online delivery pioneering streaming , shifting away from having to mange and deliver physical inventory. Then they shifted from being the middle man for media companies into a media company changing the movie industry business.

7. MacBergin macrumors regular

MacBergin

Speak for yourself...this is what I asked for.

8. wigby macrumors 68000

It's not paid advertising and Apple doesn't control the message. I've heard many negative things about the new Apple TV + lineup already. Do you think Apple wants that out there?

Besides, there is no call to action because there is no service to subscribe to yet. Unless there is a clear path or action for people hearing these "ads" to take, they are mostly worthless.