Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kygordo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
As of now I have an iPhone 5c. My two year contract is up in April of this year. I want to get a "plus" sized iPhone. Any suggestions on whether to get the 6S in April or wait for the 7 after it comes out?

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
Get what you can afford. If your getting a phone on a contract, I'd go for a 6S simply because you'll probably pay less per month than the 7 will probably end up costing at launch. Also there are no officially confirmed details for the 7 yet so you may end up using the 5C for longer until the 7 is announced and then decide to get the 6S anyway. (Although you might get a better contract price on the 6S by waiting until after the 7 launch).

Apple do support their products well so you'll still get plenty of updates for the 6S if you decide to go for that.

Kygordo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Get what you can afford. If your getting a phone on a contract, I'd go for a 6S simply because you'll probably pay less per month than the 7 will probably end up costing at launch. Also there are no officially confirmed details for the 7 yet so you may end up using the 5C for longer until the 7 is announced and then decide to get the 6S anyway. (Although you might get a better contract price on the 6S by waiting until after the 7 launch).

Apple do support their products well so you'll still get plenty of updates for the 6S if you decide to go for that.
Are you saying go for the 6s Plus in April when my contract is up or wait and get the 6s plus after the 7 comes out? Sorry thanks in advance for clarifying.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
The 6Plus will likely drop $100 when the 7 comes out. But you may then want the 7Plus :)

You didn't say what carrier you are on, but at least 2 majors don't offer contracts anymore. Just payment plans on phones.

Kygordo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
The 6Plus will likely drop $100 when the 7 comes out. But you may then want the 7Plus :)

You didn't say what carrier you are on, but at least 2 majors don't offer contracts anymore. Just payment plans on phones.
Im on Verizon but I'm on a 2 year contract plan right now so I should be able to keep my two year plan again right?

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
I would get a 6s Plus but when it's $100 on sale at a store (instead of having to wait until the Fall for an official price-drop).

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Im on Verizon but I'm on a 2 year contract plan right now so I should be able to keep my two year plan again right?

According to verizon last August:
Yes, Verizon customers can keep and renew their two-year contract, and take advantage of any subsidized devices we offer as part of that contract.

But it appears that, once you change away from one of these plans, you can't go back.

ATT doesn't even allow existing 2 year contract subscribers to renew anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.