Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I was able to get my tracking number on UPS My Choice, it is schedule to be delivered on friday by the end of day, I changed it to be held for pick up on friday after 8:00 am!! Can't Wait.:D
I ordered on AT&T Saturday 12th @ 3 am. iPhone 6 S. Gray 64.

jkess

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
I was able to get my tracking number on UPS My Choice, it is schedule to be delivered on friday by the end of day, I changed it to be held for pick up on friday after 8:00 am!! Can't Wait.:D

awesome! how did you change it to pick up? teach me your ways!

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011

I thought about doing this. Is there a chance doing this could cause it to get bumped back a day?

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Just sign up for my choice, once you see on friday your scheduled delivery, there is an option to change delivery, click there and it gives you like 5 options, one of them is to be held for pick up.

----------

why would it get bumped back a day? don't scare me!

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Hoping mine switches status soon. It has said a label has been created since Saturday, but so far no actual tracking details which means I can't look at my hold at store options.

Crossing my fingers that I will be able to get that taken care of soon, if not I will just impatiently wait on the front porch all afternoon. :)

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I didn't pay anything and it let me do it

Attachments

• ups.JPG
    ups.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,282

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
it will ask you for your phone number and will send you a txt with the code

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
Where did you get your tracking number from? Did you receive an email from apple and did your status on apple.com change to Shipped?

GonzagaDynasty

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Bahhh you guys that are getting shipping information, where did you pre-order?

I went w/ AT&T before midnight on launch eve, and it says it's scheduled to ship 9/17-9/18 but I have had no shipping info, and my MyChoice says nothing!

TAI182

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
I can't register for My Choice yet because I moved to a new address last month, so UPS cannot verify my information yet. :(

I am going to try to hold for will call, which is evidently separate from My Choice.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I thought about doing this. Is there a chance doing this could cause it to get bumped back a day?

I thought about this too. Knowing how weird UPS can be with holding packages and re-scheduling delivery. Curious as well

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I ordered it on AT&T on launch night around 3 AM. My order status on AT&T shows that is ready to be shipped between 9/17-9/18.

I read somewhere in this forum that some people are getting tracking numbers from UPS, if you sign up on My Choice, you give all your information, and then it shows a calendar and at least in my case it shows a scheduled delivery for this friday with a tracking number. It also gives several options for delivery, one of them is to be Deliver to a UPS Access Point but you have to pay $5. Another option is to be hold for will call and it is free. So that's what I did. I hope it helps.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
I ordered it on AT&T on launch night around 3 AM. My order status on AT&T shows that is ready to be shipped between 9/17-9/18.

I read somewhere in this forum that some people are getting tracking numbers from UPS, if you sign up on My Choice, you give all your information, and then it shows a calendar and at least in my case it shows a scheduled delivery for this friday with a tracking number. It also gives several options for delivery, one of them is to be Deliver to a UPS Access Point but you have to pay $5. Another option is to be hold for will call and it is free. So that's what I did. I hope it helps.

Yea I ordered around 4. Same expected shipping date, but nothing under my UPS.

seal72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
OMG I changed it to Deliver to a UPS Access Point and paid $5 just to make sure I can pick it up on friday and now it is schedule to be delivered to the UPS Access Point son September 22nd. UPS is closed right now, I would have to wait until tomorrow morning and call them to cancel that grrrrrr

compg318

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
Just got my tracking number and put my package for pick up. Thanks for the tips everyone! Have a meeting at 1pm so would be great to be able to pick it up before and not worry about missing the UPS guy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.