Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I just got my tracking number and it shows delivery on Friday by the end of the day. I'll likely select to have it held at the local UPS distribution center which is about 10 min from my work. UNLESS there is some chance that they could deliver a day early on Thursday :)

nowise

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Did anyone else notice this new page from UPS?

http://tinyurl.com/q4hqhyv

"You may place the package on Will Call. Will Call is not available for Sprint Customers
a) By placing a Will Call, the package will be available for pickup from the UPS Customer Center on September 20th."

iZollo

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Did anyone else notice this new page from UPS?

http://tinyurl.com/q4hqhyv

"You may place the package on Will Call. Will Call is not available for Sprint Customers
a) By placing a Will Call, the package will be available for pickup from the UPS Customer Center on September 20th."

You only see that message if your order is from a carrier not from apple.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Was just able to find my tracking number! Got a hold of UPS and they'll be holding it at the UPS facility, no charge.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
will call for 09/20/14 not 09/19/2014

An attempt to deliver your iPhone will be made on but not before Friday, September 19th as required by Apple. Drivers make deliveries between 9 am and 7 pm local time.

Here is some important information on the delivery of your iPhone:

A signature is NOT required.
The driver is authorized to release these packages in secure locations out of sight of the general public.
UPS cannot change the delivery address
If you need to change the address on your package, there are 2 options available to you:

You may place the package on Will Call. Will Call is not available for Sprint Customers
a) By placing a Will Call, the package will be available for pickup from the UPS Customer Center on September 20th.

b) A Customer Service Representative will be able to find the closest location and schedule your Will Call.

Only your shipper can make a change to delivery address. If you need to have your iPhone delivered to an alternate address please contact your shipper.

sooner518

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Does FedEx have the same option?

wondering the same thing. I just got my AT&T order tracking number and its FedEx. It looks like FedEx does have something like this, but I cant tell if you can pick it up on the 19th or if they ahev to ship it to a FedEx retail store, which I would presume would be at a later date. Ill probably call them today. their website is complete garbage.

Also compounding things for me, since my order was placed thru AT&T and my wife's name is on the AT&T account, it has her name on the package. I wonder if they will even release the package to me. I have the same address on my drivers license but we have different last names....

Ashtar

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
a) By placing a Will Call, the package will be available for pickup from the UPS Customer Center on September 20th.

This isn't entirely accurate. I have done this before and I have it scheduled for my current iPhone as well. I live in the same town as the UPS customer center. It's hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00AM to 11:00AM and the again from 3:00PM to 6:00PM. If I could only pick up on the 20 due to will call, then I'd have to wait until Monday because they are closed.

I just called to verify and they said I can come up when they open at 8:00AM on Friday the 19th and pick it up. I think the 20th is a mistake on there part because they rep I spoke to said if the delivery date is a business day that they are open and you have placed your package on will call, then you can come get it.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
You only see that message if your order is from a carrier not from apple.

Is the message that it is not available for Sprint customers just those that ordered directly from Sprint? I ordered a Sprint phone from Apple.com and currently have a request to hold it for Will Call on Friday.

Smash15187

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
So ups my choice found my att package and I set it for pick up, now I received a fed ex tracking also, they are both showing Friday delivery....wtf is going on?

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Here's my situation, the billing for my 2 phones, and the myups choice are both in my name, but the ship to info is in my wife's name, and my address on my license wasn't updated to show my current address. I wonder if they will still let me do the Will Call?

stryderlis

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Well my UPS store does not open for pick up until 2pm and it's 15miles away so I guess i'll just take my chances waiting for the truck. They usually deliver around 3pm.

numb3rmonkey

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Dallas, TX
wondering the same thing. I just got my AT&T order tracking number and its FedEx. It looks like FedEx does have something like this, but I cant tell if you can pick it up on the 19th or if they ahev to ship it to a FedEx retail store, which I would presume would be at a later date. Ill probably call them today. their website is complete garbage.

Also compounding things for me, since my order was placed thru AT&T and my wife's name is on the AT&T account, it has her name on the package. I wonder if they will even release the package to me. I have the same address on my drivers license but we have different last names....

In my experience I've always been able to pickup on the scheduled delivery day so you should be able to. I have all my Fedex packages held at a Fedex Office and they call me as soon as it's ready for pickup. Just make sure you get in your request ASAP.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Just curious. Now that everyone is switching to "Will Call", I think the UPS centers will have lines. Wondering if I should wait for delivery or pick up...

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Just curious. Now that everyone is switching to "Will Call", I think the UPS centers will have lines. Wondering if I should wait for delivery or pick up...

ha, i was thinking that last night. less iPhones/packages for UPS to deliver so maybe i'll get my iPhone early morning! wishful thinking i'm sure but still :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Here's my situation, the billing for my 2 phones, and the myups choice are both in my name, but the ship to info is in my wife's name, and my address on my license wasn't updated to show my current address. I wonder if they will still let me do the Will Call?

That's what I want to know but I guess it wouldn't hurt to call UPS to find out whether the actual person needs to be there. I'm in a same situation, but I don't get mine until 10/15-10/22. But I believe myUPS choice has an option to set up a time when they can deliver that would have to be after the first attempt.

The question I have is this: Is signature required? I know in the past for the iphone orders, signature was required.

tryiian

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
Well my UPS store does not open for pick up until 2pm and it's 15miles away so I guess i'll just take my chances waiting for the truck. They usually deliver around 3pm.
My local distribution hub has the same hours as yours, not opening until 2pm.
I talked to an employee about it and as long as I give them a heads up about it and show up early (7:55) which is actually perfect for my schedule that day, I should be able to get it from them at that time.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
At least with pickup you don't have to camp out on your porch in a diaper.

True. Gotta buy some Depends to put on.

----------

ha, i was thinking that last night. less iPhones/packages for UPS to deliver so maybe i'll get my iPhone early morning! wishful thinking i'm sure but still :)

I'm on the fence about pick up. Like you, if many people in my area go for pick up, that's less deliveries on the truck, so possibly an earlier delivery. Either way, Friday phone is getting closer.

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
UPS said with my order through apple as long as I requested through their site before it got to distribution center that I could pick it up on the 19th. I need to as I will be flying out of country for a couple weeks later in the afternoon.

dmendiola

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011

I'm on the same boat...the package is under my wife's name but the ups my choice is under my name and I also put my name and phone number when I setup the will hold thing. I don't want to drive 20 mins and just be turn away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.