Urgent!! I need to know right

Discussion in 'macOS' started by semin28, Sep 7, 2009.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

I got my macbook yesterday and i was wondering if SL os is already installed on the macs if you got it after the SL os got released ? It came with a sl os disc to install so im installing it right now . But what if my mac already came with it and im installing again ? i need to know now so i can stop it from installing .

2. Surely Guest

Surely

• Go to the :apple: menu in your Menu bar
    • Select About This Mac
    • If it says 10.6, it's SL

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The Apple menu > About This Mac will show you the current installed version.

4. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

It wont show me bc its installing SL right now . What should i do ? cancel it ?

5. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

If you have already started then I would just let it finish.

6. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay whats the worst that could happen ? 8 min till its done

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It shouldn't hurt anything. When it gets to the setup part of the install, you can tell it to use the existing user (which you probably setup when you first turned the machine on).

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Nothing. Just be sure to re-install iLife again.

9. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Don't cancel the install, let it finish. If you just clicked the install icon from putting the disc in then all of your applications and everything will still be installed when it is finished.

You posted a similar thread last night in which you put in a cryptic title and then very poor descriptions of what you were trying to do.

Try to slow down and provide better descriptions of what you are trying to do. People here are very quick to help but they will stop responding to you if you can't take the time to frame your questions properly.

I also might recommend that since, as a new Mac user, you will have many many questions that you try to utilize the search features of this forum before asking 10000 questions the first week you have your Mac about how to do things that have been covered here already.

Good luck and enjoy the new Mac.