Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

africano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Hi,
I bought an iPhone 15 pro last night and transferred the data from my old iPhone 11 to it. This morning all seems in order except it's asking for all my passwords for my banking apps, set up gmail etc etc.

I still have my old iPhone 11 and I have icloud+.........

Please oh god PLEASE! Is there anything I can do so I do not have to go hunting for all my passwords?

Specially my banking apps that I just rely on my face ID.......

PLEASE HELP! :(

BLtheP

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2022
Texas
I am not aware of anything you can do on an app that is asking for the password. At that point it didn't transfer over and you won't be able to force it to sign in some other way. Many apps don't transfer over log-ins when setting up a new phone from a backup/transfer/etc. Ultimately it's up to the app on whether or not it does and many do not. Your best bet is probably to do the forget password process on anything you can't get into, and then start using a password keeper from now on.

Everybody should have a password keeper, yet so many do not and then they're hosed when it's time to upgrade a device or add a new device to the collection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.