Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

just1ed

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
Just in case someone is not following the other thread.

Got a fix from Apple tonight - I would call it a work around until Apple gets it into an update. Bottom line the issue is with the iPhone and in the settings.
Step 1: Unpair the watch
Step 2: Settings - General - Reset - "Reset All Settings" Going to have to re-setup somethings on the phone but its better than a full restore.
Step 3: Pair the watch - either as new or restore from backup. I restored from a backup.
Step 4: Open the Watch App on the iPhone.
Step 4a: Go to "Heart" in the list of Watch Apps
Step 4b: Select "Set up ECG App on Watch"

This worked for me. Good luck!!

Your solution worked for me too! I googled and tried for hours before stumbling upon your solution. Unpaired, reset the Apple watch to factory settings all did not work. Apple's own solution of asking us to search for the app on the App store does not work as well as it does not appear.
[automerge]1601489799[/automerge]

explorerman

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I know this is an old thread now but the last iOS update (14.2) fixed my issue with not being able to use the ECG app.

bagpiper

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2019
Open Health App, Approve ECG use by entering Users DOB, read brief instructions and ECG app gets installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.