Used buyers guide for MacBook or Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RansZ28, Oct 21, 2016.

1. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28

Good day everyone. I currently have a 2009 MacBook and I would like to purchase a gently used MacBook or MacBook Air and need some help on what I should buy. I am asking your opinion!!!
    Although I have been to the Apple store to look at the MacBook's and Air's, I still want some real world users to share their opinions on what I should be spending my money on. If there is a question that I have not answered, please let me know.
    Thank you for all those helping me out!
    Here is what I am looking for:
    • Gently used/refurb, I would like to spend $700-$1000
    • Use will be home office business as well as Jr High Schoolwork. Spreadsheets, Word Docs etc
    • No need for audio or video editing
    • I have only plugged in my iPhone to my 09 MacBook so I don't think lack of ports would be an issue
    • I use about 80 GB of iCloud storage
    • Portable with good battery life
    • I would pay more (up to $1000) to have a better looking screen
    • Would like to get 8 years from the manufacture date (As my 09 book is running great being its old)
    Thank you again!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Wait until next week to see what new Macs are coming out. The reason for this is that pricing for older machines may be reduced, or older machines may be discontinued, which will also impact pricing on the used/refurb market.

3. RansZ28 thread starter macrumors regular

RansZ28

I agree pricing might change once new is released, but I want to research now so I am ready and know when I am getting a "Good Deal"!

4. gooseta macrumors member

gooseta

If you care at all about the screen go for a used MacBook, the screen on the MBA right now is disgustingly bad.