Vaja Leather Agenda - Best Case Yet!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ThanatosId, May 16, 2010.

1. ThanatosId macrumors regular

ThanatosId

When it comes to spending an unnecessary amount of money, I tend to display restraint. I have been stalking these forums looking for the perfect case. I like my Apple case's functionality, but the amount of dirt that it shows is maddening and the seems are sharp and obtrusive. Vaja has won my heart with their new case! I feel sorry for all those that bought their first attempt. I would have major buyers remorse if I jumped too early. The Leather Agenda is exactly what I was looking for. Sure, $200 is steep, but the quality is worth it. I hope this helps with all the others looking for their perfect case.

Attached Files:

2. bigddybn macrumors member

No it isn't worth it but whatever. Nice case.

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I saw this one too and really want one. The Price is keeping me back at the moment but I think as I see others discuss how much they like it I may end up with one.

For now I do like the PDair I've been using but the Vaja cases seem to be pulling me in for more. I would really like to see a good video review or even more images.

4. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

I agree, beautiful case, but I can't get past the price. I MAYBE would think of going for the cheaper solid color case ($150, and there is a 15% off coupon on the net) but even that is a major stretch...

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Pretty for sure, but that is one steep price IMO.

6. Macdicted macrumors regular

It's very nice ..... but pricey !

I'd like to know if that kickstand is locked in position so it can't slide out from under it. Also how does the cover close ? Do they use magnets , I don't see a snap or flap anywhere.

I really like it but...... They are awful proud of their products :D

7. ddragovi macrumors newbie

Any chance you can give us a detailed review w/ good pictures or even a video review?

8. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I really want one of these cases but the price has been holding me back, particularly since my husband would be horrified if I bought one. If I did get one, I think I'd go with black for the primary color and rosso/red as the accent color – I think Vaja makes this color combination look sharp even though I'm not big fan of red in general.

9. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Is it made by Adidas? :p

I am all for vintage and leather but this one is butt ugly (IMO of course).

10. gostan macrumors regular

How many miles did you get in today?:D

Stan

11. MacJones macrumors 6502

I might consider it if it was closer to a $100 price tag and they offered it in solid black. I love the form and look of the case but the red and white look horrible.

12. ThanatosId thread starter macrumors regular

ThanatosId

I will do a detailed review and a brief video once I receive it. I went with olive and black for the colors. There are 15% off coupons that you can find on other forums for Vaja. That was really the deciding factor for me...I made a promise to myself that I would buy if the promo code worked ;). I don't regret it.

13. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Thanks, can't wait to see how it works out.

14. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Great case but $200 is asking too much. The problem I have is Vaja leather and quality is no better than Sena. My brother in law has a Vaja iPhone case and wallet. My brother has two different Sena iPhone cases. I could not feel or see the difference in quality or craftsmanship in the Vaja case. Sena would make the same case and sell it for $100.

15. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

$200.00? I'll pass. My Apple case is working out just fine for me.

16. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Wow. $200 is a lot for a case. If I buy a case for that kind of money I'd like it to make my iPad indestructible! Lol

17. atr macrumors regular

I ordered mine last week. The site say's that it takes 35 days to make so I don't expect that I will be posting a review anytime soon. But, I can't wait to get it. I have the Apple case and I like it OK, I also bought the leather InCase folio but was not happy with that. I wanted a good leather case to use with my iPad. I use it at work and at home so I feel that I should have something at least as good as my wife's Coach purse('s, she has many....).

18. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If you can afford a $200 for a case you probably can afford to buy a new iPad if you dropped it-- so why get a case?

That's way too much money to protect a product in the price range of an iPad. It's nice but worth $80 tops.

19. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'd be more concerned with protecting the Vaja :)

I could maybe see the light if the quality and functionality match the look. $200 does seem excessive for a $500-800 device, but this would definitely be a long-term purchase intended to last through several iPads. Of course, Apple may change the form factor of the device... width and height may be preserved, but the shape/thickness of the back is open to change.

Looking forward to impressions.

20. arcangel6 macrumors regular

arcangel6

Hi,

For those that can get past the price tag use the coupon code MACSTORIES to get 15% off. The coupon is good through June 30

The Vaja case with the removable lid looks cool but I worry about wear or loosening of the leather and/or the lid with the constant on and off of the lid. Anyone have any experience with this?

Joe

21. batman75 macrumors 6502

I really like this case and have bought vaja cases before. However I don't like the fact that it doesn't protect the edges of the ipad. I can imagine the edges getting scuffed with paper scratches as I slide it in and out of my briefcase.

22. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

I have no plans on getting one, but you can customise your vaja case to be any colour combination (inside and out), with and without stripe(s), etc. So the colour choices are irrelevant. I kinda fancy the iVolution in Orange - but with a darker lining, but I can't justify the cash - though it looks far more durable than all these $50 leather cases popping up. In this case, it's wrapped around a hard case, so it won't stretch and get loose over time. Still, it's too rich for me, so I'll wait for more views on the Incipio Feather before replacing my disappointing SE Nude. I already have a nice (though again, for the money, not as well finished as I expected) Hard Candy Bubble case, so a feather might be just right. But that Orange vaja, I like it a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. drknowusa macrumors regular

Vaja cases

Vaja makes beautiful products. I have had a case of theirs for each of my sucessive iPhones since the 2G and ordered one for my iPad before this portfolio became available. Mine is black with a barn-red interior. Their cases are expensive, but worth the price.

24. Wingopad macrumors newbie

25. ThanatosId thread starter macrumors regular

ThanatosId

You have to custom order it from their website: www.vajacases.com

If you get it, be sure to use the promo code posted above for 15% off.