Today more than 5000 athletes and hundreds of thousands of spectators will descend upon Beautiful British Columbia, Canada to participate and observe the 2010 Winter Olympic games.
Vancouver 2010 is projected to be the largest Winter Olympic games with more than twice as many athletes participating than during the 2006 Olympics in Turin, Italy. However, Vancouver faces the tough task of following one of the most flawless games ever - Beijing 2008.
- Opening Ceremonies: Friday, February 12, 2010 (6PM PST, 9PM EST)
- Closing Ceremonies: Sunday, February 28, 2010 (6PM PST, 9PM EST)
- Cities Participating: Vancouver, Whistler, Richmond
- Motto: "With Glowing Hearts" / "Des plus brillants exploits"
- Nations Participating: ~80 with ~5,500 Athletes
- Vancouver will be the warmest city to ever host the Winter Olympics.
- Vancouver is the largest city to ever host the Olympics.
- BC Place Stadium is the largest stadium to host the Opening Ceremonies for a Winter Olympics. It is also the first indoor stadium in Olympic history (including summer games).
- January 2010 was the warmest month in Vancouver since 1932. Thank-you El Nino...
Information For You:
**As all Olympic threads in the past, this is to discuss the torch relay, events, venues, medals, key moments, and execution of the games. Please refrain from discussing politics and religion.**