Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brad9753

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Brisol, UK
I seem to remember previous years, all models selling out extremely fast/with an extended delivery date. But there are many models and variations still not at this stage yet. Much more then half.

I am talking about the Apple Store by the way.

Am I mis remembering or are these selling much slower this year? Almost an hour and a half after the pre orders kicked off.

Could have had another hour in bed!

speedbumpnv

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
The 6 Plus launch was pretty bad too. I think Apple actually stocked up so hopefully everyone gets the phone they want on launch day.

The 6S wasn't too bad for me. I had to wait an extra week for the 5S too, despite a near perfect midnight pre-order.

Wise87

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Could be a lot of 2-year contract users are not able to buy directly from apple this year. Also the fact the 6s really doesn't offer that much more over the 6, underwhelming.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I seem to remember previous years, all models selling out extremely fast/with an extended delivery date. But there are many models and variations still not at this stage yet. Much more then half.

I am talking about the Apple Store by the way.

Am I mis remembering or are these selling much slower this year? Almost an hour and a half after the pre orders kicked off.

Could have had another hour in bed!

They still have every color of the 6s available for a launch date except Rose Gold....BY adding china to the pre orders i thought that would make it even harder but since the 6plus launch, everybody feels they still have a new phone and don't need a newer one. Me on the other hand need 3d touch in my life...

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
They probably ordered way less 6S+ models. Previously I saw somewhere the sales were 3 to 1, 6 to 6+.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Could be a lot of 2-year contract users are not able to buy directly from apple this year. Also the fact the 6s really doesn't offer that much more over the 6, underwhelming.
This. The AT&T users have to go directly thru OLAM now. Last year, it was way easier.

Since a large portion of AT&T users won't be going to Apple Stores on launch day, I bet it will be more relaxed too.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I preordered a 6s+ 128gb space black on the :apple:Upgrade Program at 9:12am this morning and got a 9/25 1pm reservation. They must have a bunch of them this time. ;)

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Apple really can't win can they. If they run out immediately then people complain and if they don't then the whole thing is a disaster. AHH

Reactions: arminta7

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Apple really can't win can they. If they run out immediately then people complain and if they don't then the whole thing is a disaster. AHH

I think it is more shock than anything. We are all use to the first few hours seeing ship dates slip. Will we even see them slip outside of a few models?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
It seems to be the slow down in sales that is inevitable.

No company can set record breaking years, year after year forever.

Frankly I'm thrilled it's slowed down. Fat and Happy, dominant and unyielding Apple will be better off for it.

Besides the ever superior and brilliant Apple Marketing Team will put a Big Spin on this so as to avoid admitting they might have slowed down.

The reason I think it's a good thing, is it may wake Apple up a bit, if we're lucky it may even cause them to return to the hard working, quality delivering company they once were. No more shuffling out products and software that is not their best work or not as complete, as they are capable of making it.

The new refined Apple will be nothing but a win/win for the company and the customers. Apple is highly capable, they just need to reach deep and bring their best work back into play.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Seems like AT&T has a decent amount too. One of the lines on my family plan wanted a 16gb 6S in silver and I just placed the order. Confirmation email says launch day delivery.

Seems the SG 6S+ 64gb I wanted is backordered though lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.