Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We performed a long overdue upgrade to the MacRumors forums tonight. Our primary goal is to make sure the upgrade goes smoothly and all existing functionality remains. To focus on that goal, we haven't enabled all the new features yet, but will decide on what new features will be activated at a later date.

If you notice any problems/issues, please reply in this thread and we'll fix the issues as they arise.

arn

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
We'll be starting separate threads to discuss changes in the forum features in detail, but you are welcome comment on what you notice!

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
We'll be starting separate threads to discuss changes in the forum features in detail, but you are welcome comment on what you notice!

i now see tags :p for all new threads would you mind posting them in here? easier to navigate that way.... unless there is a new feature of the ugprade that does it! :eek:

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

You and your games, Doctor Q. ;)

Your new threads plan is much better than us posting noticed changes in this one.

I hope the upgrade went smoothly.........

codymac

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Worked fine for a bit, now clicking on any thread in FireFox gives me this - on line 42 at first, now on line 25, line 28, etc.

Seems to come an go.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-03 at 1.11.43 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-03 at 1.11.43 AM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 112

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
the weird cookie issue and fav icon should be fixed.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ok, I think I fixed the errors.

lemme test this post

edit: ok, that APC error was only temporary.

arn

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I have it so that several forums are excluded from when I do a search for new posts. But currently those forums are not being excluded from the results. I'd rather not have to see the political and iPhone forum, among others :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
community->pictures and albums - the links inside there to go to the actual album is broken, you have to go to the profile of the user then through to the albums as a work around.
Thanks. We didn't find an obvious reason for this glitch so far, but we're looking into it. The pictures are missing AND the links are broken, so we hope to fix both problems.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Thanks. We didn't find an obvious reason for this glitch so far, but we're looking into it. The pictures are missing AND the links are broken, so we hope to fix both problems.

no problems, certainly a bit odd! Maybe it is pointing somewhere else?

Goodluck fixing it :) and great job at keeping everything active!

edit: FYI ive noticed the pages are a tad slow at loading, and emails are coming through a bit slower, but that might change.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
That's good. I do love that favicon. ;) :D

So is the buddy list system gone? I see it saved all my previous 'buddies' (but didn't add them to friends, which I suppose is a good thing) but is the buddy system now replaced with the "friends" system?

I kind of liked being able to add people quietly so their posts would highlight in the forum spy without notifying them with a request. Does anyone know if there's another way around that? I have a huge buddy list full of people that at some time or another I found amusing and or clever and worthwhile of calling more attention to their posts in the spy. It's how I've found a lot of interesting posts and threads. Are those days long gone?

no, its still there iBlue - there are also added features, you can add these buddies as "Friends". i think i requested you actually :p its through the My Profile section.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I have it so that several forums are excluded from when I do a search for new posts. But currently those forums are not being excluded from the results. I'd rather not have to see the political and iPhone forum, among others :p

I looked into this a bit more and it seems as though when I click on the New Posts link it is not registering the forums that I want excluded. In other words it is just getting the new threads instead of taking into account the exclude portion that should be appended to the end of the URL.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I looked into this a bit more and it seems as though when I click on the New Posts link it is not registering the forums that I want excluded. In other words it is just getting the new threads instead of taking into account the exclude portion that should be appended to the end of the URL.

I've fixed this.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.