Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

161622-verizon_iphone_feb_3.jpg

Verizon has sent out emails to existing customers and updated its iPhone information page to confirm that current Verizon customers will be able to order the iPhone 4 beginning at 3:00 AM Eastern time on February 3rd.Existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online purchase opportunity before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else. Order iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 3 AM Eastern.Earlier this week, we reported that Verizon had begun notifying corporate customers about the launch time, but the company's new announcement confirms the launch for all current Verizon customers.

162016-verizon_iphone_feb_3_email.jpg

Article Link: Verizon Confirms iPhone Launch for Existing Customers at 3 AM ET on February 3rd

Last edited:

covenant

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
old phone on new carrier??

As someone in the UK..I am amazed at the amount of news coverage this gets….a phone has moved to a new carrier, er…is this news? Its probably got more column inches than the mass protests in Egypt..a sense of perspective required people?

-Covenant.

Comment

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
As someone in the UK..I am amazed at the amount of news coverage this gets….a phone has moved to a new carrier, er…is this news? Its probably got more column inches than the mass protests in Egypt..a sense of perspective required people?

-Covenant.

I am kinda used to it at this stage but it is still a little weird how many Verizon stories there are when the Ipad launch in India only makes it to page 2.

Comment

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
when are they going to officially announce the plans? I don't want to buy the phone and get screwed on the plan. Or can I keep my old plan/data package?

Comment

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL

-Covenant.

IMHO, this is not about perspective of importance. It's about relevance to the topic which I'm interested in at a given point in time. At this forum we discuss Apple-related topics. Not current events that are happening across the globe.

Comment

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I got the e-mail invitation, but when I click on the link, it says "webpage not found". Oops.

And they still haven't said whether the phone will ship right away or if we still have to wait for it to ship until 2/10. If the latter, then it's not such a good deal for "loyal customers" since we'll have to wait an extra day anyway to actually GET the phone. Might as well just stand in line at the store since the website is probably going to crash anyway!

Comment

evansls

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004
Leesburg, VA
it's all marketing...

this will be their test market and they will probably sell out of 1 million in an hour or something along the lines of that. It's also probably all marketing, a nice way to grab some headlines.

Comment

Sticman

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2008
I got the e-mail invitation, but when I click on the link, it says "webpage not found". Oops.
Did you folks all get emails? I'm an existing customer and I registered but nothing. Don't know if that matters but...

Comment

Jeroen

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2007
Antwerp, Belgium
Countdown is in Flash.

I was puzzled for 5 seconds or so not seeing anything count down.

If I were Verizon I wouldn't put up an iPhone information page with the main and most exiting bit of information done in Flash.

It's not that hard to make a JavaScript countdown.

Comment

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Did you folks all get emails? I'm an existing customer and I registered but nothing. Don't know if that matters but...

Don't think it matters, as long as you are an existing customer you can pre order. Did you sign up to get the email?

Comment

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Bit when will they be delivered?

Comment

Sticman

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2008

-Covenant.
No question you are correct regarding perspective, but you may not realize how really crappy AT&T is in many parts of the US, particularly the Bay Area and NYC. I use (try to use) my iphone every day.
You are lucky to be in Europe where there are lots of different GSM carriers with overlapping coverage.

Comment

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010

-Covenant.

Americans always have their own sense of perspective, which most often is totally different from that of people from other parts of the world!

Comment

Jack105

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
I didn't get my email! I've been waiting. Entered my normal email and my school's email, but nuthin.

Comment

DarthVedder

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
sucks to have work early the next day, sleep at 10 up at 245 sleep at 305

...should say "sleep at 10 up at 245, scream out of frustration after the 20th try to complete the form as it times out , continue to try obsessively for 6 more hours... complete transaction by 10 AM.. check email constantly hoping for confirmation..... be late for work"

That is if its anything like preorder for iPhone 4 when when the GSM launched.

Comment

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
Patience folks. I do not have my email yet either, but I am sure I will get it over the weekend. Still plenty of time to get psyched up for 1am local time on Thursday morning.

I am going to be more interested in seeing if the VZ server crashes.....

Comment

STC1709

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2009
...should say "sleep at 10 up at 245, scream out of frustration after the 20th try to complete the form as it times out , continue to try obsessively for 6 more hours... complete transaction by 10 AM.. check email constantly hoping for confirmation..... be late for work"

That is if its anything like preorder for iPhone 4 when when the GSM launched.

thats what i am prepared for lol

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.