Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PackFan

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Had they charged your card yet? I was paying upfront for the full phone price and have that charge just sitting there on my phone... not too happy about that sitting there with zero evidence it has shipped
I had a pending charge from when I updated the billing information as they requested. That’s all.

ThaddeusToad

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2020
UPS delivered my Pro Max around 4:30 today, it was worth the wait. Good luck to all still waiting!

20201113_163428.jpg

Bro KV

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Ordered the Pro Max (256) Silver on the 10th and it showed delivery by the 27th. Got tracking a bit ago and it'll be here on Tuesday the 17th

Reactions: Orangeman13

genomez

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
My FedEx package was never delivered yesterday, but is now at my local sorting facility. Unfortunately, FedEx won’t let me pick it up because of rules Verizon has on the package so it won’t be here until Monday.

The bad part is I was in an Apple store yesterday picking up some stuff and they had the phone in stock. Also, next to the Apple store was a Verizon store and they also had the phone I wanted in stock. I’m tempted to eventually switch to Apple’s upgrade program so I don’t have to deal with Verizon for upgrades anymore. This mess has happened to me 3 times now over the years.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I have a probably dumb question. Does the 5g SIM card come preinstalled?
If you have a plan with 5G. I just learned the hard way. I thought I switched unlimited plans when I preordered the phone but apparently it didn’t switch so my 12 Pro Max was shipped with an LTE SIM. 🤦🏼‍♀️

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
My FedEx package was never delivered yesterday, but is now at my local sorting facility. Unfortunately, FedEx won’t let me pick it up because of rules Verizon has on the package so it won’t be here until Monday.

The bad part is I was in an Apple store yesterday picking up some stuff and they had the phone in stock. Also, next to the Apple store was a Verizon store and they also had the phone I wanted in stock. I’m tempted to eventually switch to Apple’s upgrade program so I don’t have to deal with Verizon for upgrades anymore. This mess has happened to me 3 times now over the years.
It sucks how FedEx is with shipping these phones. It’s funny though because they actually left my phone with another package that we were expecting. Luckily my husband was home so he was able to retrieve it. This is an awesome phone!

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
So,

I thought I was done on Friday.

Of course not.

I received both my iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini on 11/13 the setup went smoothly… until it didn’t. My iPhone 12 Pro Max new Physical SIM activated. I packed up my iPhone 11 Pro Max; it was picked up by UPS. I called Verizon to move my other number to the new Digital SIM.

I was on the phone for over 2 hours before I got to speak to someone. They accidentally moved my digital SIM line onto the new Physical SIM. I got disconnected. I called back immediately once I noticed what they had done. I was on the phone another 4 hours before I could get the number transferred from the new Physical SIM on to the Digital SIM and start the process of re-activating the new Physical SIM with its original number. I got disconnected again.

I called back today, because the physical SIM line wouldn’t activate I got transferred a lot before I was once again transferred to someone at Apple. They told me the only solution they could think of that would help after about 30 minutes was to get a new SIM. I was curious, so I pulled out the Physical SIM with the iPhone still on, (I’d pulled it out many times already, while the phone was off) magically the Physical SIM line was now active!

Unfortunately, because I removed all cellular plans from the iPhone as advised by Apple technical support earlier, the Digital SIM number was not active anymore. I called Verizon again and got transferred around… have a ticket in, (QR code expired, I don't know why they still aren't aware that it's the SAME QR code from 2018) but was told I probably won’t hear anything until Monday.

I'll be calling again tomorrow.

Update: 11/15/20 10:45 AM PST We successfully activated both lines (no QR code required) on the iPhone 12 Pro Max, in less than 10 minutes. I was given an additional $80 bill credit.

I will need to call Verizon again tomorrow as financial services is closed today to collect my refund.

Update: 11/15/20 02:45 PM PST Rory kindly put me in touch with a friend of his that works at Verizon. She was confused why I'd repeatedly been told I needed to talk to financial services in order to process my refunds.

Ashley refunded me and apologized for all the inconvenience. I then told her about the order status update issues, I talked about earlier in this thread, and she wrote up a report to forward to her colleagues.

While we were waiting for authorization to unlock my iPhone 12 Pro Max, we were talking about the new iPhone and I casually mentioned I was surprised to still have connection issues with the new Qualcomm modem and she informed me of this little secret feature that might help improve signal in those area's.

She specifically asked me to not tell anyone about it.

I don't know what I it did to my iPhone (I'm not very technical) but I went from almost no service, constantly dropped calls to a solid connection immediately.

Thank you, Rory and Ashley!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ladytonya

wood7715

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2017
Can someone who received the delivery from FedEx able to please check and tell, what is the shipping date showing on the label of the package? I received an empty box.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ladytonya

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Can someone who received the delivery from FedEx able to please check and tell, what is the shipping date shows on the label of the package? I received an empty box.
I received two packages via FedEx, with shipment dates of 11/7 and 11/8 delivered on 11/13. Both packages contained the iPhone, documentation and receipts and a trade in kit complete with a UPS label.

I would call Verizon immediately!

Reactions: wood7715

wood7715

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2017
I received two packages via FedEx, with shipment dates of 11/7 and 11/8 delivered on 11/13. Both packages contained the iPhone, documentation and receipts and a trade in kit complete with a UPS label.

I would call Verizon immediately!
Thank you. Shipping label on mine shows 12NOV20, when I was tracking it was shipped on 7 the November. I only got the trade in kit and UPS label no receipts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.