Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendoway

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
Chicago, IL
iOS 16.0.3 just dropped with a change in modem firmware in comparison to 16.0.2 -- definitely interested to hear if anyone that has updated to that version on an iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max has a better experience with their cellular data dropping and such

Reactions: Weaselboy

Ant2369

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Connecticut
I’m also having the same issues 45 min with chat I get told they need an advisor to call me and of course they call and the call drops 4 times in a row had them call a different number

Reactions: Michelle (Shell)

nintendoway

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
Chicago, IL
I did make the jump and I've been on iOS 16.0.3 now since around 6PM CST -- so far, I don't want to jinx it - but I have noticed my phone use Wi-Fi Calling a lot more than it was before and I have not seen the cellular drop completely like it was doing before on 16.1 beta (maybe have seen it drop once or twice OVERALL, granted I had to restore to 16.0.2 before updating to 16.0.3).

Overall I'd say this is a good sign so far but I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Michelle (Shell)

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
Southern nh
Unfortunately, the iPhone 14 Pro Max is the worst cell phone I’ve owned today. It’s very glitchy. The screen freezes all the time. The cell phone service is the worst! I live in New England (NH) I have Verizon and I have never had such bad service in my whole history of owning an iPhone.

Matt2h

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2022
I think the first several times I saw that Visible logo, I thought it was for an invasalign or dental payment plan product. I swear I saw very similar branding for something like that.
Smile direct club
Yeah, I can see that. :)

View attachment 2083642

I'll never go back to ATT, I had them when they were Cingular in 2007, original iPhone. Before that was Sprint on Razr..never had an issue with them.

I have to look at that Visible+ plan, reviews..any major connection issues, etc. $45 "including tax/BS fees," this is roughly $14 a mo. cheaper compared to my 3gb a mo. plan....which Verizon increased 2, 3 months ago. Pure greed!😡

*That Verizon 5G coverage map on their own site is a total crock. I am SUPPOSED to be in the full 5G coverage area just north of Philadelphia,..no. If I am outside my house, down the street I simply do not get 5G. it's just LTE or even 4G. Few shopping centers, the big mall nearby...then I'll see it. This 5G UW, I have never seen this icon appear on my 12 Pro Max and 13ProMax...but I THINK this is mostly in downtown Philly perhaps(?)... I have avoided heading down there for over a year now, sadly it's too dangerous. IDK, All of these carriers are a pain in the -you know what!

View attachment 2083645
smile direct club logo i think

Attachments

• BE8032C4-779A-41AC-A613-27DD4A8EC0ED.png
    BE8032C4-779A-41AC-A613-27DD4A8EC0ED.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 51

Mafiacat

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
I am on my second iPhone 14 Pro Max in 6 months with multiple dropped calls on Verizon. Neither the store or 800 number could help me. I am exchanging for an iPhone 13.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I am on my second iPhone 14 Pro Max in 6 months with multiple dropped calls on Verizon. Neither the store or 800 number could help me. I am exchanging for an iPhone 13.
Maybe you’re in a area with poor cell service? I have the 14 Pro Max with Verizon and never have dropped calls. I’m close to a cell tower so if the 14 was slightly weaker with picking up signals that could be your problem.

Mafiacat

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2023
Maybe you’re in an area with poor cell service? I have the 14 Pro Max with Verizon and never have dropped calls. I’m close to a cell tower so if the 14 was slightly weaker with picking up signals that could be your problem.
According to the 800 number, my network coverage is fine. I have had multiple iPhones and been with Verizon 20 years and have only had issues with a crazy amount of dropped calls with the IPhone 14 Pro Max. My parents both have 13s and no problems.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
According to the 800 number, my network coverage is fine. I have had multiple iPhones and been with Verizon 20 years and have only had issues with a crazy amount of dropped calls with the IPhone 14 Pro Max. My parents both have 13s and no problems.
Well, I wouldn’t trust Verizon customer service when it comes to giving you an accurate information about anything. I just had to deal with them to try to get my plans fixed and they didn’t even know the basics of their plan.

I just meant that perhaps the 14 is slightly weaker at picking up signals so maybe it’s just enough to drop calls on the 14 but not on the 13. It could be you have a bad model, but I’m not sure about having two in a row. All I can say is I haven’t had any problems with mine, but I suspect my area as well, covered with cell towers. I wonder if there’s any reviewers that test phones for picking up cell signal. Like compare different models on how good they are for doing that.

forrie

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
In Austin, TX, where we have towers literally everywhere, I still get maybe 2 bars on Verizon and at times choppy GPS performance. Whether it's in the city proper, or out on the open highway. Our Uber drivers have also noted it. It puzzles me how this could happen. But, the GPS signal issue is potentially dangerous. For example, using Maps or Google Maps, it says go this way -- you go -- but then it says, no go that way. It's really annoying, but I don't really understand the science behind how this could happen in a metro area like this.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
In Austin, TX, where we have towers literally everywhere, I still get maybe 2 bars on Verizon and at times choppy GPS performance. Whether it's in the city proper, or out on the open highway. Our Uber drivers have also noted it. It puzzles me how this could happen. But, the GPS signal issue is potentially dangerous. For example, using Maps or Google Maps, it says go this way -- you go -- but then it says, no go that way. It's really annoying, but I don't really understand the science behind how this could happen in a metro area like this.
Thai only happens on the iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro?

forrie

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Thai only happens on the iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro?
Apparently not, as other vehicles that use Verizon (for nav) and Android seem to have similar issues with Verizon. This is the average of what I've experienced and heard over several months here. Whenever I mention this to folks, they just roll their eyes as if it's just something we expect from Verizion.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Apparently not, as other vehicles that use Verizon (for nav) and Android seem to have similar issues with Verizon. This is the average of what I've experienced and heard over several months here. Whenever I mention this to folks, they just roll their eyes as if it's just something we expect from Verizion.
I wonder what’s going on with Verizon. I remember years ago they seemed to have the best coverage with no dead zones but now I’ve actually experienced a few. Maybe they are losing towers to another carrier? I don’t know how that works but maybe whoever owns the tower had a lease with them and it expired? Maybe they are just not keeping their infrastructure built up with the growth in cell phone use? I’m sure there are more people on cell phones now then there were five years ago so it would require Verizon to increase their network capacity. Maybe they just haven’t done this.

I just find it weird that Verizon used to be the king when it comes to coverage. Sure AT&T might get you faster data speeds downtown somewhere but if you wanted to be sure you had cell service everywhere it was Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.